ECCG - Competition sub-group
Composed of representatives from European consumer organisations, the ECCG competition sub-group meets twice a year in Brussels to discuss competition issues. National competition authorities also attend one meeting a year.
- Gives a consumer-centred view of EU competition policy, to help the European Commission ensure it is focussed on maximising consumer welfare.
- Draws the Commission's attention to issues of specific concern to consumers
- Enables exchange of best practices and pooling of expertise on competition matters between consumer organisations
- Receives feedback on the effects of competition enforcement measures, at EU and national levels
- Raises awareness of competition issues among EU and national consumer representatives
The Committee is chaired by the Commission, which also acts as secretariat.
For further information, please contact the secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org.