...EU officials united in our dedication to making Europe's citizens healthier, safer and more confident.
Our job is to ensure food and consumer goods sold in the EU are safe, that the EU's internal market works for the benefit of consumers and that Europe helps protect and improve its citizens' health.
Our activities touch the everyday lives of European citizens.
We know they expect high standards, so we need to get it right.
In order to succeed in our mission we work with other EU Institutions, national governments and agencies, consumer organisations, health interest groups, business groups, scientists, researchers and experts.
What is the EU and how does it work? Click here to find out!
...a diverse group of people.
We come from all across Europe - from Poland to Portugal, from Finland to Greece.
We are doctors, vets, nutritionists, agricultural experts, lawyers, economists, scientists and humanities graduates, information technology experts, linguists, administrators, secretaries and many others.
- To see our management structure click here.
- To see our mission statement click here.
- To see our annual report click here.
- The Health and Consumer Protection DG has around 800 staff
- About 600 of us are based in Brussels
- About 100 are based in Luxembourg and another 100 or so in Grange, near Dublin.
- EU agencies linked to our Directorate-General
- How to contact us