Health and Consumer e-News keeps you up-to-date with all the latest developments and activities in DG Health and Consumers.
Receive by email, regular information on the topics that most interest you.
Rapex Weekly Report - Week 29, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 15 items: 1 cosmetic item, 1 oil lamp, 2 electrical items, 5 motor vehicles, 1 rubber solution, 1 piece of clothing, 2 heaters, 1 heating appliance and 1 toy.
1. Cosmetic: tanning intensifiers and bronzers ‘Swedish Beauty’. Type/number of model: all batch codes are affected.
2. Oil lamp: decorative glass ornament oil lamp holders. Type/number of model: SR10, SR14, SR21, SR30, SR36 and SR37 (not marked) - in two principle designs.
3. Electrical item: circuit-breaker FSE Kontakt. Type/number of model: L6-25A.
4. Motor vehicle: passenger carLand Rover 4x4. Type/number of model: Range Rover Sport LS.
5. Electrical item: hairdryerMompo. Type/number of model: Model: SSRH 1238, Barcode: 84 35019763462.
6. Clothes: children’s briefs New Line.
7. Rubber solution: bike repair set Sedio. Type/number of model: Article nr. SG-GC015 EAN code 4260047621873.
8. Heater: portable gas heater proteam (Quickheat). Type/number of model: CA1003.
9. Motor vehicle: passenger carDaimler Chrysler
10. Heater: camping gas stoveProvidus. Type/number of model: models FG 100 and BG 1000.
11. Heating appliance: heating applianceTruma. Type/number of model: Heating systems, authorisation numbers: e1*2001/56*2004/78*0146 and e1*2001/56*2004/78*0147.
12. Motor vehicle: passenger carLand Rover. Type/number of model: Models: Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery 3.
13. Motor vehicle: petrol multi-port fuel injected boat enginesBrunswick Mercruiser. Type/number of model: 5.00 MPI, 350 MAG MPI, 350 MAG MPI Horizon, MW6.2 MPI Horizon.
14. Motor vehicle: passenger carToyota Corolla Verso.
15. Toy: shooting blow-pipe. Type/number of model: Type No. 30998ABCD; EAN Code: 5 97421 718015.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.