RAPEX Weekly Report
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to publish a weekly report on serious RAPEX notifications to allow the general public access to product safety information.
The last 2 week’s RAPEX reports consist of 11 toys, 1 cosmetic product, 2 items of stationary and 4 electric items, 1 decorative item, 1 pram. The items listed are:
- Toy: Music Rocking Tonality (Set of 6 small tambourines)
- Toy: Light Motor cycle
- Toy: Boxing Set
- Toy: Car vehicle
- Toy: Plastic Cap Gun
- Toy: Gun "Airsoft"
- Toy: Cap Colt
- Toy: Yellow horse with Horseman
- Toys: 3 "Gonher" guns
- Cosmetic: Hobby Collection Shampoo
- Stationary: Eraser Zhengda
- Stationary: Eraser BEST
- Electric: Baking Grill B/E/C/K international
- Electric: Universal Travellers Adaptor Wonpro
- Electric: Fluorescent Ceiling Luminaire OMS
- Electric: Super Powered Laser Pointer Key chain
- Decoration: Self adhesive decoration with Disney pattern "Finding Nemo"
- Pram: Perambulator Voyager
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.