Public Health (24-06-2008)
Commission organises second annual Risk Assessment Days on 24 and 25 June in Brussels
On 24 and 25 June 2008, the Commission will organise for the second time the Risk Assessment Days in Brussels. This two day meeting is aimed at presenting the activities of Commission's Scientific Committees to Members of the European Parliament and stakeholders. The overall objective of the Risk Assessment Days is to promote dialogue and collaboration between the scientists providing independent risk assessment advice and the European Parliament as well as to non governmental stakeholders.
This Dialogue is essential in order to ensure the recognition and understanding of the independent risk assessment advice on which EU health and environmental measures are based.
Three Committees advise the Commission on health and environmental risks in the non-food area:
- Scientific Committee on Consumer Products (SCCP)
- Scientific Committee on Health and Environmental Risks (SCHER)
- Scientific Committee on Emerging and Newly Identified Health Risks (SCENIHR)
The first Risk Assessment Days were organised in 2007.
This years event will include:
- Presentations of the Chairs of the three Committees to the ENVI Committee of the European Parliament
- Plenary session of the three Committees
- Stakeholders dialogue session
More information about the Risk Assessment Days event can be found at:
Full information on the Scientific Committees and their activities can be found at