RAPEX Weekly Report
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to publish a weekly report on serious RAPEX notifications to allow the general public access to product safety information.
This week’s RAPEX report includes 5 toys, 2 cosmetic items, a novelty lighter, a baby feeding bottle, a motor vehicle, a wooden hammock and 2 brands of bicycle repair sets. The products reported are:
- Toy -“The Big Red Plant Pot”
- Air compressor toy gun
- Toy gun “Super Gun”
- Toy radio “FM radio with earphones”
- Motorcycle KTM
- Novelty car lighter with sound and flash effects
- “Little spirit” feeding bottles
- Bicycle repair sets: a) Wibra Bicycle repair set; b) Arrow Tools Bicycle repair set.
- Cosmetic “Clear Essence Skin Smoothing crème - Skin Lightening cream”
- Cosmetic “Clear Essence Medicated Fade Crème with Sunscreen - Skin Lightening cream”
- “Stars” toy gun
- Bridgewater freestanding wood hammock
- Motor vehicle Hyundai Tucson-JM
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.