RAPEX Weekly Report
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to publish a weekly report on serious RAPEX notifications to allow the general public access to product safety information.
This week’s RAPEX report includes 6 toys, 3 babycare items, 2 electrical items, protective cycling equipment and a laser pointer. The products reported are:
- Teddy bear "Home Art and Design Collection"
- Re-wirable plug and socket-outlet of cord extension set - 3 meters
- Re-wirable plug and socket-outlet of cord extension set - 5 meters
- Feeding bottle with two ears and a cap
- "Mini-gel" pens: set of 12 different colours.
- "Jolly Baby" pacifier holder
- "Bumi" textile Doll
- "Milco" feeding bottles of different capacity
- "Decathlon Cycle protective helmet" cycling helmet
- "LASER.LED&PEN" laser pointer
- "Tlercel" toy airplane with remote control
- "Fun Hover" toy UFO with remote control
- "Super patrol boat" toy ship with remote control
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.