RAPEX Weekly Report
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to publish a weekly report on serious RAPEX notifications to allow the general public access to product safety information.
The RAPEX report published last Friday includes 4 vehicles, 3 electrical items, 3 joke items, a series of baby equipment and 2 toys. The products reported are:
- Rattles Infant Gift Set – “BABY’S FUN”
- 3 types of plastic rattles - "HONGDA"
- Toyota Avensis manufactured from 21 February 2003 to 24 November 2004
- Toyota Corolla manufactured from 01/04/2003 to 14/03/2005
- Toyota Corolla manufactured from 07/06/2004 to 17/03/2005
- Toyota Land Cruiser 90/95 manufactured from 22/05/2001 to 30/09/02
- Kettle - "KINGSTAR ELECTRICAL"
- Joke toy - 2 in 1 Shocking lighter - "TANY"
- Joke toy - Electric shocking pen
- Joke toy - Shock Chewing Gum
- Car/Aeroplane Dual outlet Inverter "Targus"
- Incandescent Table Lamp - "R & A COLLECTION"
- Toy - Plastic snakes
- Squeeze toys set "Doll Meccano"
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying Member State, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.