RAPEX Weekly Report
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to publish a weekly report on serious RAPEX notifications to allow the general public access to product safety information.
The RAPEX report published last Friday includes 12 electrical items, 2 items of childcare equipment, a gas regulator, a series of toy sets and a series of novelty lighters. The products reported are:
- Decorative oil lamp “ROSLER”
- Novelty lighter in the form of a basket shoe with key ring
- Novelty lighter in the form of a playing card
- Novelty lighters in the form of a car, motorcycle, shaver and monkey wrench
- Novelty lighters in the form of a) Pistol b) Motorcycle; c) Bicycle; d) Airplane; e) Rifle; f) Fishing rod
- Novelty lighter in the form of rifles
- Novelty lighter in the form of a locomotive
- Children’s feeding bottle “Xi De Bao”
- Sets of squeeze toys in the form of: ducks, girl and boy, fish, dolphins
- Squeeze toys set “Doll Meccano”
- Squeeze toys set “Happy Toys”
- LPG gas regulator “Wanan”
- Cild toy bath set “Whistle Fisch”
- Electric desk lamp, model Tweety from Warner Bros.
- Electric desk lamp, model Mickey and Friends from Disney
- Electric desk lamp, model Mickey from Disney
- Electric desk lamp, model Minnie from Disney
- Electric desk lamp, model Tasmanian Devil from Warner Bros.
- Electric desk lamp, model Sylvester and Tweety from Warner Bros
- Childcare feeding bottle
- Decorative oil lamp (N° 71665)
- Decorative oil lamp (N° 71161)
- Decorative oil lamp (EAN3528880249137)
- Decorative oil lamp (EAN3528880254360)
- Electric toaster “DOMOTEC”
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week. Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying Member State, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.