Rapex Weekly Report: Week 6, 2007
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 17 items: 8 toys, 2 electrical appliances, 1 motor vehicle, 1 lighting equipment, 1 kitchen accessory, 1 gas appliance, 1 machine, 1 children's equipment and one decorative article.
1. Toys: Doll emitting sounds. Brand: Betty. Type/number of model: uknown.
2. Toys: Soft cuddly toy with sweets – CHOCOSHUSS. Brand: FIZZY. Type/number of model: Gencod 3395502154601
3. Electrical appliances: Multiple power strip. Brand: ELECTRO DH. Type/number of model: Model 36120, bar code 8430552064991
4. Toys: Expandable plastic egg. Brand: NATURE EGG. Type/number of model: unknown
5. Motor vehicles: Passenger car : OPEL CORSA. Type/number of model: CORSA D MY 2007 with VIN numbers from 74000001 to 74186810 (factory: Zaragoza Spain) and from 76000001 to 76068172 (factory: Eisenach Germany).
6. Toys: Paints – water colours. Brand: Golden water colours. Type/model: Item no: 180.
7. Lighting equipment: Lamp – 'Dim Night Lighting'. Brand: Hengsheng. Type/model: HS-309.
8. Toys: Hot water bottles with soft toy covers in shape of beavers and hippos. Brand: uknown. Model: unknonwn.
9. Toys: Pull-along toy in shape of a duck. Brand: YANG KAI. Type/number of model: Ref: 42328.
10. Kitchen accessories: Glass and stainless stell kettle. Brand: Marks & Spencer. Type/number of model: Code: T34/07887/1376, Model No 12797, Unique Product Code: 8944559
11. Gas appliances: Gastoestel. Brand: Dru. Type/number of model: Metro tunnel, choice of imitation wood blocks or stones.
12. Toys: Scooter. Brand/model: unknown.
13. Machines: Hydraulic floor jack. Brand: BOTTARI.. Type/number of model: Capacity 2TON.
14. Children's equipment: Cot. Brand: SEGR Hjerte. Type/number of model: unknown.
15. Electrical appliances: Electric hand warmer. Type/number of model: TYD 001B
16. Decorative articles: Decorative room fountain. Brand/model: unknown.
17. Toys: Duck-shaped squeaky duck "Yellow Duck". Brand: Honey Baby. Type/number of model: Article No 1199, bar code 5031470012106.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying Member State, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.