Rapex Weekly Report: Week 5, 2007
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 28 items: 11 toys, 7 motor vehicles, 2 food-imitating products, 1 lighting equipment, 1 electrical household appliance, 1 household appliance, 1 novelty lighter, 1 childcare article, 1 kitchen/cooking accessory, 1 sport equipment and 1 decorative article.
1. Motor vehicles: Passenger car – Volvo S40/V50. Type/number of model: S40 VIN: 0150030-0177430, V50 VIN: 0150056-0179064, manufactured as model year 2006.
2. Lighting equipment: Undercupboard lighting appliances 'Paneel': 1. 2x20 W and 2. 3x20 W. Brand: Lite-Licht GmbH Type/number of model:
1. serial No: 110665010000, EAN 4004894362899;
2. serial No: 110665020000, EAN 4004894362905
3. Electrical household appliances: Washing machine. Brand: LG Electronics. Type/number of model: WD-65130F, WD-80130F, WD-10130F. The models concerned had been produced between March 2002 and June 2003, were identifiable by serial numbers between 203KW00001 and 306KW99999 and had been sold in Italy in the June 2003-2005 period..
4. Toys: Puzzle with farm images. Item No: DT2144, EAN 4038611051018.
5. Toys: Pull-along toy in the form of a ladybird. Brand: Juguetelandia. Type/number of model: Ref. 8040
6. Motor vehicles: Passenger car – Ford Mondeo. Type/number of model: Vehicle type Mondeo Diesel 2.0 Duratorq -TDCI with DPF, EU type approval: e1*98/14*0154-*0156*16/*17. Only vehicles with diesel engine and exhaust system with built-in coated diesel particle filter (DPF), built between 10 February and 8 September 2006 are concerned..
7. Motor vehicles: Car – Mercedes Benz Sprinter. Brand: DaimlerChrysler AG. Type/model: : Sprinter light trucks, equipped with diesel engines, built between August 2006 and September 2006, whose starter wiring harnesses were produced on 31 July 2006. Only vehicles with diesel engine and built between August 2006 and September 2006, whose starter wiring harnesses were produced on 31 July 2006, are concerned..
8. Household appliances: Bicycle repair set (rubber solution, tyre levers, spanner, and several plasters). Type/model: Type/number of model: Article number 009198, EAN 8711938104013.
9. Motor vehicles: Fox passenger car. Brand: Volkswagen.. Type/number of model: Vehicle type: 5Z; EC type-approval: e1*2001/116*0301*00-02. The vehicles concerned are of the model years 2005 to 2007. (For vehicle identification numbers, click link to see website).
10. Food-imitating products: Cosmetics – shower gel. Brand: Fruttoli. Type/number of model:
11. Food-imitating products: Cosmetics – Body lotion. Brand: Fruttoli. Type/number of model:
12. Toys: Soft toys. Brand: 100% Nullermus.
13. Novelty lighters: Lighter in form of watermelon. Brand/model: unknown.
14. Childcare articles: Wheeled child conveyance. Brand: PATI SPORT KOMBI Free Line 1290. Type/number of model: Free Line 1290.
15. Toys: Soft toys – light up rattle. Brand: Marks & Spencer. Type/number of model: All product packaging marked T79/7790/3059 Marks and Spencer. 5.000 products marked T79/7790/3059 Marks and Spencer. Unique product code: 01532210
16. Kitchen/cooking accessories: Thermos flasks. Type/number of model: Thermos flask code 8029121010516, thermos with lid, bar code 8021029400062 and other codes
17. Sport equipment: Ski bindings. Brand: Marker. Type/number of model: MOD M1 11.0 D, marker item number 6778F1SE. Affixed to Apache Outlaws, Recons, Croosfires, Stryker and Moto Cross K2 skis.
18. Toys: Wooden box of wooden building blocks. Brand: HKE GmbH. Type/number of model: HKE GmbH.
19. Motor vehicles: Passenger car – water sensor in fuel filer. Brand: Mitsubishi. Type/number of model: CR-L200. The recall concerns light commercial vehicles with a total permitted weight of 1 ton, with production year 2006. The VIN/chassis numbers for Greece is from MMBCNKB407D005820 to MMBJRKB407D022070
20. Motor vehicles: Motorcycles. Brand: Harley Davidson. Type/number of model: Motorcycles, model XL2 SPORTSTER MY2007, including the following models: XL883, XL883C, XL883L, XL883R, XL1200C, XL1200R, XL1200L and XL50. Model XL2 SPORTSTER MY2007; motorcycles built from 24 May 2006 through 14 November 2006.
21. Toys: Bricks - “HAPPY TOY’S” (with numbers and mathematical signs on it). Type/number of model: NO.99328; bar code 2000052317727
22. Toys: Pulling duck moving with sounds. Brand: Charl's Toys. Type/number of model: Article number hs034, bar code 8714218660346
23. Toys: Soft toy – Bright Start Star Teether Beads. Brand: Bright Starts. Type/number of model: Model 8483, UPC 074451084834
24. Toys: Wooden toy – Mouse Box. Brand: Chelona. Type/number of model: Model No 20.42301.
25. Toys: Wooden puzzles: baby animals wooden puzzle; baby farm wooden puzzle; vehicles wooden sound puzzle; farmyard animals wooden puzzle; pin head farm and animals wooden puzzle. Brand: TOP BRIGHT. Type/number of model: Item codes: 1. 5068A, 2. 4311T, 3. M8122A, 4. M8035AS, 5. 3620. Batch codes: 1., 2., 3. and 4. 632/06, 5. PO205/04
26. Decorative articles: Vases – PARODI and APELSIN thick-walled vases. Brand: IKEA. Type/number of model:
Only vases from supplier #18347 are affected:
- 201-102-34 PARODI vase 70 black,
- 000-795-45 PARODI vase 70 clear glass,
- 501-121-99 PARODI vase 70 white,
- 601-129-19 APELSIN vase 70 assorted colours (amber, dark green and purple)
27. Toys: Steering wheel toy. Brand/model: INTERESTING. Type/number of model: Ref. 42358
28. Motor vehicles: Passenger car – longitudinal roof rails. Brand: ALFA ROMEO. Type/number of model: Type/number of model: Passengers’ cars, model 159 SW. The recall concerns vehicles ALFA ROMEO 159 SW, having frame numbers between 7001091 a 7058612
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying Member State, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.