Rapex Weekly Report: Week 4, 2007
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 18 items: 5 motor vehicles, 4 toys, 2 clothing, 1 pet accessory, 1 household appliance, 1 childcare article, 1 electrical appliance, 1 decorative article, 1 tools and 1 candle.
1. Motor vehicles: Passenger car. Brand: Suzuki. Type/number of model: Passenger car Suzuki SWIFT 1.3 (RS 413). The corrective action concerns model year 2006 vehicles, with the following chassis numbers:
2. Household appliances: Juice extractor. Brand: TCM. Type/number of model: Article No 228554 (sold through Eduscho and Tschibo branches).
3. Childcare articles: Teether – Bug-a-loop. Brand: Nuby. Type/number of model: Batch: C060526.
4. Toys: Toy gun – Revolver 43. Brand: Dyal. Type/number of model: Reference No 43.
5. Motor vehicles: Replacement disk brake linings. Brand: Safety Products. Type/number of model: LP 415 (WVA 20939)
6. Motor vehicles: Passenger car. Brand: Lancia. Type/number of model:
MUSA: from 1017090 to 1023523 (individual chassis: 1006092 - 1015884);
YPSILON: from 2127857 to 2141981 (individual chassis: 2000221 - 2096451 - 2102026 - 212112484 - 2112486 - 2112487 - 2112488 - 2125617 – 2126893 - 2241671).
7. Motor vehicles: Passenger car - ancillary equipment pulley on the drive shaft. Brand: Lancia Type/model: :
Musa and Ypsilon models with 1.1, 1.2 and 1.4 8V and 16V motor
MUSA: from 1035909 to 1060522 (individual chassis: 1012041 – 1027911 – 1031639 – 1033501 – 1034625);
YPSILON: from 2153766 to 3053778.
8. Pet accessory: Dog leash. Brand: Ribecan. Type/number of model: Model: 13 mm x 120 cm; reference 012487
9. Toys: Children's walker that makes 'Hippopotamus' sounds. Brand: Walker (Dimasa) Type/model: Minnie (pink).
10. Clothing: Baby baseball cap. Brand: Disney Baby Type/number of model: .
11. Electrical appliances: Fan heater. Brand: Oper. Type/number of model: Model EVB-430; bar code: 8436018911366.
12. Motor vehicles: Motorcyle. Brand: Harley-Davidson. Type/number of model: Motorcycle type FXD Dyna, EC type approval e4*2002/24*0029*05, manufactured between 17 June 2005 and 4 December 2006.
13. Clothing: Baby overall in fleece material – Baby Garment. Brand: KappAhl. Type/number of model: Article No 67288, 672916, 672907
14. Decorative articles: Candle imitating pastry of different shapes (roll, slices) with a chocolate scent. Type/number of model: 93789.
15. Tools: Manual equipment set of hammer with two screwdrivers. Brand: Kangaroo. Type/number of model: unknown.
16. Toys: Soft toy 'Little devil'. Brand: Pikku Piru (Little Devil). Type/number of model: Code: 120312; BTN 686-IAE
17. Toys: Soft toy 'Teddy bear'. Brand: Emma Big Nose Bear medium. Type/number of model: Article 998751402.
18. Candles: Candle – a box of chocolates (6 items). Brand: unknown. Type/number of model: 93668.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying Member State, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.