Rapex Weekly Report: Week 1, 2007
DG Health and Consumers
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 11 items: 4 lighting equipments, 2 toys, 1 motor vehicle, 1 electric appliance, 1 lighter and 1 decorative Christmas chains.
1. Lighting equipment: Lighting chain. Brand: unknown. Type/number of model: Rose 20 NP-L.
2. Lighting equipment: Lighting chain. Brand: unknown. Type/number of model: Rose 35 NF-S.
3. Lighting equipment: Lighting chain. Brand: unknown. Type/number of model: Rolling Rose.
4. Motor vehicles: Motorcycle BMW R 1200 GS with tyre pressure monitoring system (RDC) (SA 530. Brand: BMW. Type/number of model: EC-type approval: e1*2002/24*0199*04, vehicles manufactured from 1 September till 20 October 2006.
5. Electrical appliances: Car inverter. Brand: Omotion. Type/number of model: CI-175.
6. Toys: Plastic baby toys: "Badetier mit Baby – ab 3 Monate" (Animals for bath time with baby - from 3 months). Brand: TEDI GmbH & Co KG. Type/number of model: EAN-code 56835001241000000150; Order/Article No 56835/00.
7. Toys: Plastic baby toys in shape of duck, turtle, ship and clown-fish. Brand: TEDI GmbH & Co KG Type/model: Order/Article No 71397/00; EAN-code 71397001241000000150.
8. Lighters: Novelty lighters in the form of: 1. a slipper, 2. a barrel. Brand/Type/number of model: unknown
9. Decorative Christmas chains: Decorative Christmas chains and trinkets: 1. long chain, 2. small chain, 3. Christmas tree ball. Brand: Christmas decoration. Type/number of model: 1: Long chain: code 100.360012, bar code 5 203188 074091. 2. Small chain (package of 11 pieces): code 299.360036, bar code 5 203188 074237; 3. Christmas tree ball: code 299.360034, bar code 5 203188 074084.
10. Decorative articles: Tea light holders. Type/number of model:.
Item 1: bar code 0400029051494, supplier code 2ET00414,
Item 2: bar code 0400029051159, supplier code 2ER86507-1,
Item 3: bar code 0400029051234, supplier code 2ET00620-A,
Item 4: bar code 0400029051319, supplier code 2ET05176,
Item 5: bar code 0400029051562, supplier code 2ET5921H
11. Lighting equipment: Lighting chain. Brand: unknown. Type/number of model: Cocoon NF Tree light.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.