Rapex Weekly Report: Week 52, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 20 items: 3 household appliances, 3 motor vehicles, 2 lighting equipment, 2 toys, 2 clothing, 2 heating appliances, 1 electrical appliance, 1 lighter, 1 childcare article, 1 children’s equipment, 1 garden furniture and 1 hobby/sport equipment.
1. Childcare articles: Wall-mounted baby changing table. Brand: KOALA. Type/number of model: KBKV.
2. Electrical appliances: Electric testing and measuiring instrument – voltage tester. Brand: ALL RIDE. Type/model: Item No 04445; bar code: 8 711252 044453.
3. Lighters: Lighter. Brand: Unknown. Type/model: Code no: 39017.
4. Toys: Squeaking green toy frog. Brand: unknown. Type/number of model: "Grüner Frosch"
5. Motor vehicles: Motorbike. Brand: Honda. Type/number of model: SCV 100 F5 (motorcycles with numbers ME4JF11A*58009186 –ME4JF11A*58028245).
6. Children’s equipment: Combined baby bathing/changing unit. Brand: PRENATAL. Type/number of model: Reference 457817.
7. Garden furniture: Round barbecue grill. Brand: TOYA Type/model: 99500.
8. Heating appliances: Portable electric heater. Brand: LACO. Type/number of model: Ref. HT-703
9. Heating appliances: Plug adapter kit. Brand: Targus adapter kit. Type/number of model: PA025E v2 (PWR-115); EAN 5 024442 918605.
10. Toys: Binoculars. Brand: AR 217, No FY 138 AB. Type/number of model: EAN 8591945010138.
11. Hobby/sport equipment: Treadmill. Brand: Domyos. Type/number of model: TC 530.
12. Motor vehicles: Signal lamp bracket in Kawasaki motorcyles. Brand: KAWASAKI. Type/number of model: Model VN900B6F/B7F, Kawasaki 2006 (B6F) and 2007 (B7F) model year motorcycles, with serial numbers from JKAVN900BBA000453 to JKAVN900BBA010129 (B6F model) and from JKAVN900BBA014014 to JKAVN900BBA016364 (B7F model)
13. Clothing: Girl’s trousers. Brand: COCCODRILLO. Type/number of model: Code HK-19-120
14. Household appliances: Coffee maker. Brand: Brown King. Type/model: KA 1T.
15. Household appliances: Coffee maker. Brand: efbe-Schott. Brand/model: unknown.
16. Lighting equipment: Desk lamp with dimmer and clip. Brand: Klausen. Type/number of model: Flip cu clemă (on packaging).
17. Clothing: Boy’s jumpers and girl’s jean jacket. Brand: ZARA. Type/number of model: 1. 6603/6782; 2. 7679/7613; 3
18. Lighting equipment: Desk light with dimmer and clip (portable luminaire). Brand: Klausen. Type/number of model: Flip cu talpă (on packaging).
19. Motor vehicles: Passenger cars. Brand: SSANGYONG. Type/number of model: Models Rodius and Rexton (engine D27DT) before 10 April 2006.
20. Household appliances: Sandwich maker. Brand: AMC. Type/number of model: AM 250.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.