Rapex Weekly Report: Week 49, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 27 items: 2 electrical appliances, 10 toys/children’s equipment, 5 cosmetics, 4 motor vehicles, 2 lightening equipment, 1 furniture piece, 1 hobby/sport equipment and 1 safety equipment.
- Furniture – wooden crib Brand: KATE DREW
- Toys – Wooden toy in the shape of a dog Brand: BRIO
- Motor vehicles – motorcycle Brand: YAMAHA
- Motor vehicles – car category M1 Brand: BMW
- Lighting equipment – desk lamp illunminating wax balls in colourful liquid Brand: Unknown
- Electrical appliances – 5 metre cable reel Brand: RAYDAN
- Motor vehicles – Mini motorbike Brand: SHENGGIBAO
- Hobby/sport equipment – Plastic gun with laser pointer Brand: VIGOR
- Motor vehicles – mini motorbike Brand: Unknown
- Clothes – baby’s Santa sleepsuit Brand: PEQUILINO
- Toys – military toy (air sport gun) Brand: Unknown
- Lighting equipment – magic night light Brand: DR LIGHT Ltd
- Toys – military toy (pneumatic ball gun) Brand: Unknown
- Toys – military toy (pneumatic gun) Brand: Unknown
- Toys – rifle Brand: Unknown
- Toys – sandpit set Brand: HAPPY TOYS
- Electrical appliances – Hand warmer Brand: Unknown
- Cosmetics – night oily skin cream-gel Brand: BIRCH SERIES
- Personal protective equipment – Work helmet Brand: ORNELLA PROSPERI
- Toys – wooden toys Brand: Unknown
- Toys – plastic toy Brand: TRACTOR & TRAILER
- Toys – children’s bike Brand: WHEELIE
- Cosmetics – anti-aging nail preparation Brand: SALLY HANSEN
- Cosmetics – French Manicure Kit Brand: SALLY HANSEN
- Cosmetics – nailgrowth miracle Brand: SALLY HANSEN
- Cosmetics – Maximum “10” strengthener Brand: NUTRA NAIL
- Children’s equipment – Debut Cayman Multiplay Gym Brand: DEBUT
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.