Rapex Weekly Report: Week 47, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 20 items: 6 toys, 3 lighting equipment, 2 motor vehicles, 1 life jacket, 1 garden equipment, 1 household product, 1 children’s equipment, 1 sport gun, 1 lighter, 1 baby equipment, 1 electrical equipment, 1 cosmetic
1. Life Jacket: Life jacket with green outer cover, brand: “Englands”. Type/number of model: only those purchased between Sept 11997 and July 2006.
2. Toy: Plastic toy dragon with drum. Brand: “Dragon Baby” Type/model: 2102
3. Motor vehicle: Van OPEL Movano. Type/number of model: Movano.
4. Toy: Baby buggy for dolls, brand: MDJ distribution. Type/number of model: Reference 14 XI 0052, barcode: 3564531025026.
5. Toy: Wooden jigsaw puzzle (eagle) and wooden jigsaw puzzle (penguins). Brand: Ronals A/S. Type/number of model: Article No 431520. Bar-code: 5 709557 614832
6. Lighting equipment: Picture light with sports car. Brand:COLLECTION ROBY Type/model: Article No. 187/7783; bar code: 8435116 277831.
7. Garden equipment: Garden torches, brand ARISTO. Type/model: Roma – 8 A823619;
Vienne GM ACI – 828691; Paris Antique - 823629.
8. Toy: Wooden jigsaw puzzle (lion). Brand: Free and Easy. Type/number of model: Ref.: 106 WGR: 912; Order No: 97051; EAN 8711295590320
9. Motor vehicles: Motorcyle HONDA. Type/number of model: NT 700 VA (VTMRC52B*6E000002 - VTMRC52B*6E008941)
10. Household product: Decalcifier, brand: Imperial/Miele CC Decalcifier. Type/number of model: Article No. 2.673; EAN 8027281400013
11. Toy: Rattle. Type/number of model: Type 191-1
12. Children’s equipment: Folding chair. Type/number of model: EAN 4003368173009.
13. Electrical equipment: Three-socket extenion cord with a child safety switch. Brand: KF. Type/number of model: KF-FB-03
14. Sport Gun: Super Air Sport Gun, Type/number of model: No 203
15. Cosmetics: Eye mask, brand: Fresh Line, Type/number of model: Eye Mask Potato, Code: 01176
16. Lighter: Dagger lighter.
17. Baby equipment: Baby cream, brand: Antoshka.. Type/number of model:
1. Baby cream with aloe vera and camomile, produced: 03.2006, best before: 03.2008 and produced 06.2006, best before: 06.2008; EAN 4607010313020;
2. Baby cream with Calendula, used with diapers, produced: 11.2005, best before: 11.2007, EAN 4607010313037;
3. Baby cream for windy and bad weather, with panthenol and vitamin E, produced: 07.2006, best before: 07.2008, EAN 460704031013.
18. Toy: “Shake n Jingle” keys. Brand: The First Years. Type/number of model: Y2852 071463028528
19. Lighting equipment: Celing lamp with 2D fluorescent lamp (fixed luminaire). Brand: LITECOM. Type/number of model: C07/16W (type versions: C07/21W, C07/38W)
20. Lighting equipment: Celing lamp with 2D fluorescent lamp (fixed luminaire). Brand: LITECOM. Type/number of model: 1. 2011/21W (type version: 2011/38W); 2. A09/28W (type version: A08/21W); 3. A05/38W (type version: A05/21W)
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying Member State, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.