Rapex Weekly Report: Week 46, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 30 items: 7 toys, 7 motor vehicles, 3 lighting equipment, 3 cosmetics, 2 tools, 2 electrical equipment, 1 chemical, 1 gadget, 1 clothes, 1 luggage strap, 1 floating article and 1 water bottle.
1. Toys: Letters, numbers and symbols in magnetic plastic. Type/number of model: unknown.
2. Chemicals:Tyre repair kit “Jin Shong Che. Ind. Co., Ltd” Type/model: EAN code 4326470000002
3. Cosmetics: Make-up kit “Casuelle Cosmetics”. Type/number of model: Item 80.613, batch number 0451.
4. Cosmetics: Nail Polish “Casuelle Cosmetics”. Type/number of model: Item 80.630 PU; Batch 0257; Colour code 531 & 847; Glass Bottle 10 ml.
5. Motor vehicles: Automatic transmission computer in Renault cars. Type/number of model: Megane II & Clio III. Description: The recall concerns vehicles equipped with DPO automatic transmission and produced from 7 March to 29 May 2006
6. Toys: Colour crayons “Grand”. Type/model: riends, 12 colours, code of the product: 02249, EAN 5903364 244910.
7. Clothes: Ladies’ jacket “MOD’L Paris T 1 Fagon CuiR, P. U DOUBLUE ». Type/model: Article no 11298, Code: 11298006411000000499. Description: Season 2006, beige-brown, 100 % Polyester.
8. Gadgets: CD holder “POESSA” Type/number of model: Ref.: 312493 Bar code: 8430173124937
9. Cosmetics: Skin whitening gel and cream “Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Crème and Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Fade Cream”
10. Motor vehicles: Air filter and screws in Yamaha motorcycle Model YZF R6 ‘06
11. Luggage straps: 4 pcs luggage strap “Everyday Tools” Model P20/628, bar code 5-055132206283
12. Lighting equipment: Floor lamp, Type/number of model: 167180, EAN 8716963159151
13. Motor vehicles: Heated Seat Elements in Jeep cars.
14. Lighting equipment: Portable lamp in the form of a penguin “Sunrise-Ajok”, Type/number of model: Model SR 1801, bar code: 8435109746566
15. Tools: Belt sander “WORX”, Type/number of model: Model WX90BS
16. Motor vehicles: Seatback Frames in Renault cars Type/number of model: Passenger cars, models Megane II 5door, Megane II Convertible and Scenic II. Description: The recall concerns vehicles produced between 1 and 30 of September 2003 for Megane II Convertible, between 1 September and 31 October 2003 for Megane II 5door and between 1 August 2003 and 31 October 2003 for Scenic II.
17. Electric applicances: Battery charger for mobile phone “MAXCALL”. Type/number of model: KDN100B-15
18. Electric appliances: AC adapter for TFT television/monitor “Denver” (television itself is not affected) Type/number of model: FJ-SW1210X, EAN: 5 700751 005299
19. Motor vehicles: Electronic Power Steering (EPS) control unit in Honda cars Type/number of model: Passenger cars, models CIVIC 4door & 5door
20. Floating articles: Floating leisure articles “Intex” (full size only)
21. Motor vehicles: Passenger car “FIAT Stilo passenger car” Type/number of model: Stilo, type 192, type approval e3*98/14*0089* Description: The vehicles concerned are those of the model years 2001 to 2006
22. Tools: Rotary Hammer Drill “Performance Power” Model number NLH1050SDS, bar code 05075294
23. Toys: Wire Intercom (Phone set made of plastic. Two pieces connected with wire) Type/number of model: Suppliers item No. 704901; 5743210701729
24. Water bottle: Fur Hot Water Bottle “New Look” Name: Fur Hot Water Bottle, Type/number of model: Style No: 1104473; SKU No.1104545
25. Toys: Tricycle, Type/number of model: SUC2206-2
26. Toys: Tricycle in a form of motorcycle.
27. Motor vehicle: Aluminium light metal wheel for use on motor cars “SMC” Type/number of model: WB 75016
28. Toys: Wooden puzzle girl, Type/number of model: EAN-code: 8713219189573
29. Lighting equipment: Wall lamp “Forever”
30. Toys: Tempera paints “Sakota”, Type/number of model: 12 pieces, CEA 2039, EAN 5997875 720391.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.