Rapex Weekly Report: Week 45, 2006
DG Health and Consumers
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 7 items: 2 costmetics, 2 motor vehicles, 1 electrical item, 1 lighter and and 1 lighting equipment.
1. Cosmetics: “Sleek” nail colour . Type/number of model: Long formula Nail colour 413.
2. Lighters: Novelty Lighters “Mad Cow by Dora”. Description: Supplied by wholesalers in display boxes of 10 and 16 to be sold individually by retailers:
1. Foot 6cmx3cmx2cm
2. Duracell Battery (shape and colour of real Duracell battery) 2.5cmx4.5cm
3. Samsung mobile phone 6.5cm x 3.5cm x 2cm (colour of real Samsung phones)
4. Cow 7.5cmx5cmx3cm (black and white with a little red)
5. Coca-cola cup 5cmx3.5cmx2.5cm (red and white)
3. Lighting equipment: Table lamp “STORK”. Type/number of model: Huangslite H-5000-1.
4. Cosmetics: Skin-gel “Alosan 96 % Aloe vera repair skin-gel”. Type/number of model: Batch no 1 070807.
5. Motor vehicles: Fuel Feeding Pump in Chevrolet cars. Type/number of model: Passengers’ Car AVEO T250 1.4lt in vehicles produced from June 2005 to 27 September 2006.
6. Motor vehicle: Lower Ball Joints in Jeep vehicles. Type/model: Passengers’ Car Cherokee, type KJ in vehicles built through March 15, 2006.
7. Electrical: 3-socket power strip. Type/model: White 3-socket power strip with extension cable in transparent plastic bag with blue/yelllow cardboard label, and GS mark of the TÜV Product Service.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.