Rapex Weekly Report: Week 42, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 24 items: 5 toys, 5 motor vehicles, 4 lighting equipment, 3 electrical, 2 hobby/sports equipment, 1 children’s equipment, 1 joke item, 1 computer hardware item, 1 decorative item and 1 outdoor item.
1. Electrical: Stand alone fan “Elta” . Type/number of model: 9050 N 3 (FS - 40).
2. Motor vehicle: Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) in Yamaha motorcycle. Type/number of motorcyle model: YZF-R1, FZ6-N/S, FJR1300/1300A, TDM900/900A, MT01, XV1700PC, XT660R/X.
3. Outdoor: Garden swing „PROMO“ (GARDEN FURNITURE). Type/number of model: unknown.
4. Children’s equipment: Children's wooden cot “SIMONA”. Type/number of model: MT-40.
5. Computer hardware: SONY lithium-ion battery installed in Lenovo and IBM Think Pad notebook computers computers sold between February 2005 and September 2006. Type/number of model: The part numbers of potentially affected batteries are: ASM P/N: 92P1072, 92P1088, 92P1142, 92P1170, 92P1174 FRU P/N: 92P1073, 92P1089, 92P1141, 92P1169/93P5028, 92P1173/93P5030.
6. Lighting equipment: Decorative glass ornament oil lamp holders, red & white metallic taper Type/model: unknown.
7. Lighting equipment: Portable luminaire for children “ESTO” Type/model: Item Art. 56160, bar code: 9003348995596.
8. Lighting equipment: Portable luminaire for children “Hartig & Hellig” Type/model: LT100, bar code: 4004712977045.
9. Lighting equipment: Portable luminaire for children “ESTO” in the shape of a guitar. Type/number of model: 990535, bar code: 9003348842616.
10. Motor vehicle: Intercooler outlet pipe in Suzuki Grand Vitara Turbodiesel 1.9. Tpye/model Meerkat 50-4A VIN LW0XCMKC661003118.
Note: The recall concerns vehicles with chassis numbers from JSAJTA44V00107438 to JSAJTA44V00201289 (3D) and from JSAJTD44V00106868 to JSAJTD44V00205350 (5D).
11. Motor vehicle: Oil Cooler Hose in Mitsubishi Lancer Diesel Sedan passenger car. Type/number of model: The recall concerns vehicles with production year 1993.
12. Electrical appliances:. Pedestal fan “MESH” Type/number of model: SF16.
13. Hobby/Sport equipment: Pressurised air cartridge for sport and hunting rifles “Anschütz”
Type/number of model: Type/model: The aluminium cartridges are numbered in a continuous series: 1. cartridge, anodised silver, 430 mm long: from 012947 to 016846, Art. No. 711.3415; 2. Cartridge, anodised red, 430 mm long: from 002444 to 002527, Art. No. 711.3414; 3. Cartridge, anodised black, 430 mm long: from 000006 to 000053, Art. No. 711.3413; 4. Cartridge, Junior, 290 mm long: from 001632 to 002225, Art. No. 711.3412.
14. Motor vehicles: Bürstner Caravan Amara, Avanti, Flirt, Fun, Kiss, Studio and Ventana. Type/number of model: model years 1998 to 2000 (Year of manufacture indicated in tenth position: WBU?????? (W)??????? = 1998, X = 1999, Y= 2000).
15. Decorative articles: Clear ice cubes. Type/number of model: No 238000899.
16. Toy: Policeman toy set “SUPER POLICE”. Type/number of model: 306C.
17. Toy: Wax crayond “SAKOTA”. Type/number of model: 6 pieces, type CFA 0942, EAN 5997875 709426
18. Hobby/Sport equipment: “Time” RXS/RXE bicycle pedals. Type/model: Time RXS Ti Carbon, Time RXS Carbon, Time RXS and Time RXE road pedals
19. Motor vehicles: Caravan “Bürstner” Type/model: Bar Code/Batch code : e1*2001/116*0208*00-06, Type 1010, Bürstner T-Models (partially integrated) The vehicles concerned are those of the model years 2001–2006 based on the Fiat Ducato or Citroen Jumper flatbed models
20. Electrical appliances: Pedestal fan “SCARLETT” Type/model: SC-1377
21. Toy: Toy phone “BRIGHT PHONE” Type/model: No. PC6018, barcode: 5908265240351
22. Joke item: Shocking toy pistol Type/model: 1750, Barcode: 927111505207
23. Toy: Wax crayons “Memoris – Forever” Type/model: 12 pieces, type OIL PASTERL, art. BBS 457, EAN 5997875 709426
24. Toy: Super Plane DeLuxe F 19 XL – Helicopter Type/model: No. 528
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.