Rapex Weekly Report: Week 41, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 11 items: 7 electrical items, 1 mini motorbike, 1 decoration item and 1 childcare article.
1. Electrical: DVD player . Type/number of model: DVD-026, EAN: 6 416485 142816
2. Decoration: Decorateive candle ‘Dekor Canles’. Type/number of model: Decorative candle with dried flowers, code AT670.
3. Electrical item: Electronic fluorescent lamp. Type/number of model: Type/model: LS 1207.
4. Mini-motorbike: Unboxed mini motor bike in red colour Type/number of model: Unknown.
5. Electrical: electric chain saw “Yellow Garden Line by Zgonc”. Type/number of model: Model 1840 No 231-30 EAN 4006825508864.
6. Childcare articles: children's net playpen “Standard” Type/model C-B 105 Standart 2000 430 EAN 800 5549101050.
7. Toy: Set of squeaky rubber animals “SAFETY TOYS” Type/model: Item Unknown.
8. Electrical: LIGHTING EQUIPMENTS - lamp for outdoor use “LENA - Manhattan” wood and metal lamp Type/model: 0210.
9. Electrical: LIGHTING EQUIPMENTS - Bedside lamps. Type/number of model: Unknown.
10. Electrical: LIGHTING EQUIPMENT – Lamp for outdoor use - SYSTEM K, S - PM “SAVANNE” wood and wicker lamp Tpye/model: S-018.
11. Electrical: LIGHTING EQUIPMENT table lamp KOTRONIC Special Products. . Type/number of model: Deco Light Dolphin EAN 8717278860664.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.