Rapex Weekly Report: Week 40, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 16 items: 5 electrical items, 1 mini motorbike, 1 laser gun, 4 toys, 1 car, 1 tyres, 1 baby-changing unit, 1 microwave oven and 1 walkie-talkie.
1. Electrical: Lit table with moving seabed . Type/number of model: 05.0806, EAN 8713219193938 (only on the packing).
2. Toy: ‘Pump it up’ air yo-yo. Type/number of model: 5794080 130492.
3. Electrical item: TV antenna. Type/number of model: SL-878 (only on the packing).
4. Electrical: Aquarium Light “BOYU”. Type/number of model: MT-40.
5. Toy: Rubber animals with whistle “BABIES’ TOYS”. Type/number of model: unknown.
6. Baby changing unit: with bath “BREVI” Type/model: COD 577 FLIPPER.
7. Electrical: Extension cord with 8 sockets “EVERTOP” Type/model: Item No 21630
Bar code 5605052216307.
8. Electrical: Extension cord with 8 sockets “EVERTOP” Type/model: Item No 21630
Bar code 5605052216222.
9. Toy: ‘Supporter in a box’ (Rising Star Products AS). Type/number of model: AV Code: 631339.
10. Mini motorbike: “Mini ATV” KAZUMA. Tpye/model Meerkat 50-4A VIN LW0XCMKC661003118.
11. Car: Nissan. Type/number of model: J3 (EC type approval e2*2001/116*0273) and F3.
12. Toy:. Percussion caps “Percussion caps / 8-shots” ( 0221) Type/number of model: 0221/ EAN 8590884103031.
13. Microwave oven: “Haier” Type/number of model: MD-2485EG.
14. Walkie-Talkie set: Walkie Talkie Set SP3381/baby alarm “Hoffer”. Type/number of model: S/N:0416058401, 0416068400, S/N: 0428068401 – 0428078400.
15. Tyres: Michelin tyres in Jaguar passenger car. Type/number of model: Michelin tyres mounted on 20-inch wheel rims (MICHELIN 255/35 ZR20 97Y EXTRA LOAD PILOT SPORT 1 SERIES) in type no. 3 Jaguar (commercial name Jaguar XJ8.
16. Laser pistol: “CYMA”. Type/number of model: Model AIR SPORT GUN G 501.A .
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying Member State, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.
Website for the link