Rapex Weekly Report: Week 38, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 15 items: 4 electrical items, 2 lighters, 2 warning jackets, 1 cosmetic item, 1 personal transportation product, 2 toys, 3 motor vehicles and 1 children’s chair.
1. Electrical item: coffee maker “PERLA”. Type/model: GTM-116.
2. Electrical item: electric waterfall picture “Nature Spirit”. Type/model: numerous numbers on packaging denoting variations in picture design.
3. Electrical item: lighting chain with 180 miniature non-replaceable incandescent lamps and an 8-function flashing unit. Type/number of model: KD-180L.
4. Lighter: novelty lighter (silver coloured) in the form of a tape-measure. Type/number of model: Unknown.
5. Warning jackets: “Itras Development Srl”, Code: 14747174-7 / “ITRAS S.R.L”, type/model: High Vision MAX: 25X.
6. Cosmetic: nail polish remover “EZ Flow, Nail Systems”. Type/model: 4K21A.
7. Personal transportation product: “SEGWAY”. Type/model: i series (models i167, i170, and i180), e series (model e167), p series (model p133), model XT (cross terrain transporter), model GT (golf transporter) and model i2.
8. Electrical item: coffee and tea maker “TZS FIRST AUSTRIA”. Type/model: Art. Nr. 5452 (on the packaging: CM-5452).
9. Toy: tricycle for children. Type/model: Model 4248935, identification code E03-RIG-621.
10. Motor vehicle: “Passenger car” Honda Civic passenger car. Type/model: Civic 5D (Models FK1, FK2) 2006.
11. Toy: electric children's tricycle with adapter. Type/model: FLN 410604.
12. Motor vehicle: Ford F150 Expedition and Explorer. Type/model: Type U2, e11*93/81*0029 (Explorer).
13. Children’s high chair.
14. Lighter: novelty lighter in the form of an ignition key.
15. Motor vehicle: junior motor bike “BOSSINI”. Type/model: DB 50 Junior Dirt Bike.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.