Rapex Weekly Report: Week 37, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 14 items: 4 electrical items, 1 compass, 1 bicycle, 2 motor vehicles, 4 toys, 1 handlebar and 1 oil lamp.
1. Electrical item: electric power strip “Sweex Power Master 2020”.
2. Compass: compass on jacket for children containing a mineral oil “SKHUABAN (Zara)”. Pilot model, ref.no: 5678-783
3. Bicycle: children’s bicycle “Joykie Bike-16”.
4. Motor vehicle: passenger saloon car “Lexus”. Type/model: Models GS 300 and GS 430.
5. Handlebar: handlebar for bicycle “C.B.T”. Type/model: Manubrio Monoscocca carbonio 87149910.
6. Motor vehicle: passenger car “Audi”, model A8. Vehicle type 4E, EC type approval e1 * 2001/116 * 0198 * 00-17.
7. Toy: penguin cuddly toy “Star Parks - Walibi the Friends collection”. Reference: 185226, PA-5159 (RC).
8. Oil lamp: organic oil lamp “Mondian” (hand made). Type/model: No. 53288 (color: cream/red).
9. Electrical item: electric extension cord “SILVER STAR” (length: 7m; color: white). Type/model: EC-3157, 3G1.5mm2, KF-Y3-O1P, barcode: 5203297804688.
10. Toy: food imitating product - grapes. Name: Plastic grapes. Type/number of model: Barcode 05000400029200, N° МО0292.
11. Toy: plastic flashing toy soother with necklace. Bar code: 4026272 06011.
12. Electrical item: electric fire place heater “TV PRODUCTS”. Type/model: Barcode: 8595 94700369.
13. Toy: plastic flashing toy soother with necklace. Bar code: 4 090003 143121.
14. Electrical item: lighting chains “CEDAR” with 180, 300, 100, resp. 140 miniature non-replaceable incandescent lamps. An 8-function flashing unit is supplied with the product. Type/model: 1.180 L; 2.300L; 3.100L; 4.140L.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.