Rapex Weekly Report: Week 36, 2006
DG Health and Consumers
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 23 items: 8 electrical items, 2 tools, 2 pieces of jewellery, 4 toys, 1 Christmas stocking, 1 windscreen, 2 pieces of clothing, 1 rubber eraser, 1 gas air horn and 1 motor vehicle.
1. Electrical item: electric power supply unit for building-in “GEMBIRD”. Type/number of model: Type: CCC-PSU4 (on the package), EAN: 8 716309 025973.
2. Tool: set of four hammers “Top Craft”.
3. Jewel: textile necklace with heart-shaped glass pendant. Type/model: Art. No. 44022.xx.
4. Toy: RACING Junior push bike “TCM”. Type/model: Art. No. 225 966, Racing Junior.
5. Christmas stocking: “The Snow White Collection / Baby’s 1st Christmas Stocking”. Type/model: Item no. 55317.
6. Electrical item: digital multimeter in yellow/orange with test leads. Type/number of model: DT-830B.
7. Toy: toy guns with projectiles “CM”:
- SPACEGUN. NO. 007Q.
- SHOOT TARGET. NO. 5588.
8. Tool: drilling hammer “POWER GT”. Type/model: PG-PH1007 (ZIC-26).
9. Windscreen: windscreen for motorcycles “BUELL”. Type/model: P/N 58214-06YA, built for the 2006 XB12X Ulysses model.
10. Clothing: girl’s dress (brand unknown).
11. Toy: plush toy - dog in a blue circle (brand unknown).
12. Toy: parrot on a string with sound.
13. Rubber erasers: rubber erasers (brand unknown) resembling a chocolate in the shape of a star, a small tea biscuit, a sea horse (resembles jelly candy or chewing gum), a parrot (resembles jelly candy or chewing gum) and an ostrich (resembles jelly candy or chewing gum). Type/model: EAN 590 7580301037.
14. Clothing: children’s sweaters, jackets and cardigans. Type/model:
- FRANSA college, size S/10, product number: 1091-20-2200.
- LIGER college, size 80 cm. EAN-code: 6418349313451.
- STAGE college, size 130 cm. EAN- code: 6418349304064.
- Walter mini jacket land. Boy’s spring jacket, size 86 cm. Product number: QYTJSN152284.
- SPORT 2.05 outdoor jacket, size 120 cm. Product number: 537450.
- M.OS college, size 128/134 cm.
- BOYSTAR fleece-jacket, size 92/98 cm. Product number: 2436522.
- BOGI Aaron-jacket, size 98 cm. Product number: 400-718064.
- M.OS outdoor jacket, size 128/134 cm.
- JONATHAN ECO CLIMATE baby overalls, size 68 cm.
- LENNE BENTON outdoor jacket, size 104 cm.
- LENNE BABY baby overalls, size 80 cm.
- JONATHAN ECO CLIMATE outdoor jacket, size 80 cm.
- FORCE girl’s cardigan, size 130 cm.
15. Gas air horn: "Sportfanfare", Hand Held Horn. Type/model: Serial No.: 6Z09UK120A01; EAN 4712263960019.
16. Electrical item: electrical digital multimeter “KINZO“. Type/model: 18D26; EAN 8711507030934.
17. Jewel: charm and charm bracelets “Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment” Ltd. included as free giveaway with Shirley Temple Fox DVDs.
18. Electrical item: electric angle grinder “Sturm Et Stein“. Type/model: AG-11.
19. Electrical item: computer battery Pack “Apple Branded (manufactured by Sony)”. Type/model: The models are: A1061 (for the 12-inch iBook), A1079 (for the 12-inch PowerBook), and A1078 and A1148 (for the 15-inch PowerBook).
20. Electrical item: electric touch lamp “ELCO Millenium Electronic Company Finland”. Type/model: EL-275 (various names depending on the lampshade such as Cresent Moon, Water Drop, Napolean, Umberlla, Fich Tail).
21. Motor vehicle: handbrake cable in motor vehicle (car) Renault Master 11 -3.5 ton light commercial vehicle fitted with a 2.5 litre turbo diesel engine.
22. Electrical item: table lamp “Myriam - Brown Monkey".
23. Electrical item: digital multimeter “ELRO”. Type/model: No. M320, EAN 8711658319513.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying Member State, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.