Rapex Weekly Report: Week 33, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 26 items: 3 motor vehicles, 11 electrical items, 1 cosmetic item, 5 toys, 1 laser pointer, 2 pieces of clothing, 1 bicycle, 1 lighter (4 different types) and 1 soother holder.
1. Motor vehicle: passenger car “Mazda”. Type/model: MPV with 2.3L engine.
2. Electrical item: electric contact grill - toaster “DIXAN”. Type/model: SW-059.
3. Cosmetic: cream “Paris Fair & White Whitening Cream”. Type/model: Batch code: 2FW04345, Expiry date 12/09.
4. Electrical item: plug adapter “Trust”. Type/model: PW-1050p/MWST-1.
5. Toy: chariot construction alphabet “Ludi Bois” (brightly-coloured wooden building blocks). Type/model: No 26564, EAN 3588270026564.
6. Toy: wooden pyramid-shaped figures (balancing game).
7. Toy: wooden toy lorry “Xinsheng” (push fit puzzle). Type/number of model: Zoo Truck.
8. Laser pointer:laser pointer key holder in a shape of a revolver, sold in grey package. Type/model: P37, barcode: 923156978334.
9. Clothes: men’s flannel shirt “NKD” (100% cotton). Type/model: “St. Moritz” flannel shirt, Art. No. 1426117, EAN-Code 2014261172558 (in Germany) or Art. No. 1426119 (in Austria).
10. Electrical item: spot light “LUCERNA”.
11. Electrical item: neon lamp “ELGOTECH”. Type/model: LNP (on the product), LN (on the package) 5LN1 (in the directions for use).
12. Electrical item: electric drilling machine “POWER GT”. Type/model: PG-ID0 (ZIJ-13T)1200W).
13. Electrical item: electric drilling machine “REDLINE”. Type/model: RL/ID0709-760.
14. Clothes: boy’s briefs “DMD 8”.
15. Electrical item: electric drilling machine “MAN’S FRIEND”.
16. Electrical item: sauna heating appliance “TM-TOOLS”. Type/model: Type: PSAU-60NS, EAN: 6 405086 002506.
17. Toy: wooden puzzle blocks on rack “Woolpro”. Type/model: No. 85359.
18. Toy: sports car “Modern Speed Toys - Funny Toys”. Type/model: No. X-94019.
19. Electrical item: computer battery pack “Dell”. Type/model: 1K055, C5340, D6024, JK616, U5867, X5333, 3K590, C5446, D6025, JD617, U5882, X5875, 59474, C6269, F2100, KD494, W5915, X5877, 6P922, C6270, F5132, M3006, X5308, U1333, C2603, D2961, GD785, RD857, X5329, Y4500, C5339, D5555, H3191, TD349, X5332, Y5466.
20. Bicycle: bicycle for children “BMX12” (no specified age group).
21. Electrical item: UPS device (Uninterruptible power supply) “AEC”. Type/model: Type: KR1000LCD.
22. Motor vehicle: mini-motorbike. Type/model: PD-049.
23. Lighters: child-appealing lighters in the form of a: 1. Toy gambling machine; 2. Mobile phone; 3. Mobile phone; 4. Ball-pen.
24. Motor vehicle: motorcycle “BUELL”. Type/model: XB12X Ulysses.
25. Electrical item: glue gun “PISTOLA SILICONA”. Type/model: HB6720.
26. Soother holder: soother holder with clip “JUNIOR’S”. Type/number of model: Ref. No. K.SK/J-40001; Barcode: 5204738400018.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.