Rapex Weekly Report: Week 32, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 21 items: 4 electrical items, 3 motor vehicles, 6 toys, 1 baby changing unit, 1 cap, 2 pieces of clothing, 2 children’s chairs, 1 pair of shoes and 6 lighters.
1. Electrical item: electrical UPS device (Uninterruptible power supply) “Cyber Power”. Type/model: Type: OP-350TE.
2. Motor vehicle: passenger car “BMW”; 5.6 and 7 series. Description: BMW passenger vehicles with production period from 09.01.2006 to 26.04.2006.
3. Toy: toy in a shape of a mobile phone “Boots Brand Learning Through Play Mobile Phone”. Type/ model: Item code 21-76-890.
4. Motor vehicle: passenger car “Audi A3”. Type/model: 8P, EC type-approval e1 * 2001/116 * 0217 * 00-14 manufactured during the period 06.2005 - 08.2005.
5. Baby changing unit: changing unit with bath “CAM”. Type/model: Art. C 606.
6. Motor vehicle: mini-motorbike “CMM - MINI-MOTO”. Type/model: MT-A7.
7. Cap: peaked cap “Hit Entertainment PLC and Keith Chapman 2006”. Type/model: Bob the Builder.
8. Toy: video console. Country of origin: China.
9. Electrical item: extension cord “Laudmann”. Type/number of model: 1. LM-690, 2. LM-691 and 3. LM-692.
10. Toy: soft toy cat with chain.
11. Toy: glasses made from plastic “Brilliant glasses”; with lights on the frame. Type/model: ITEM No FJ136.
12. Electrical item: shocking tape measure. Type/model: Barcode: 927111505214.
13. Clothing: boys‘boxer shorts “NELYS”; 100 % cotton, olive-green colour.
14. Clothing: boys’ tracksuit “ASCA”. Type/model: 0026.
15. Electrical item: electric insect killer. Type/model: 3W.
16. Children’s chair: children’s high chair “C 6412 Fischer - Price”.
17. Children’s chair: children’s high chair “Brevi Pony”.
18. Shoes: children’s white leather shoes “Chērie Bianco Caprettogomma 20”. Type/number of model: European size 20 - children’s shoes.
19. Lighters: child-appealing lighters in a form of:
- Match. Type/number of model: JY-654.
- Cigarette. Type/number of model: JY-309.
- Tomato. Type/number of model: 9790033.
- Pepper. Type/number of model: JY-904.
- Pistol I. Type/number of model: 9790049.
- Pistol II. Type/number of model: 9790050.
20. Toy: a train set “Super Big Train”. Type/model: No.1606.
21. Toy: toy “super car”. Type/model: No. 8639 - Woolbro, code: 85401.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.