Rapex Weekly Report: Week 31, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 25 items: 8 electrical items, 6 toys, 4 motor vehicles, 1 water drinking pump, 1 helmet, 1 laser pointer, 1 washing gel, 1 cosmetic item, 1 cap and 1 shooter holder.
1. Electrical item: electrical switch with two keys “Donglin”. Type/number of model: Art. DL512; barcode 200004320508.
2. Toy: boom box “TENG LONG”. Type/number of model: No. 008.
3. Motor vehicle: passenger car “Toyota Land Cruiser 120”. Model: Vehicles produced between 2002 and 2005.
4. Water drinking pump: pump “HUILE”. Type/model: MC06-1054.
5. Toy: baby toy play set “INTELLECTIVE BABY TOY”. Type/number of model: NO.22813D.
6. Toy: plastic toy bears “INTELLIGENCE FUNNY TOYS”. Type/model: No. 301A.
7. Helmet: children ski helmet “Acerbis”. Type/model: Model ACE.
8. Toy: soft doll with white teddy bear “Famosa”. Model - Mi Primer Nenuco, Article 7000002325.
9. Motor vehicle: motorcycle “DERBI”. Type/model: Model GP1. 50 cc RACE. This operation covers 4626 vehicles. The chassis numbers concerned are: vthpr1a1a3g229095 to vthpr1a1a3g229209; vthpr1a1a5g221876 to vthpr1a1a5g23237.
10. Laser pointer: laser pointer with flexible LED light and magnet on battery compartment. Type/number of model: laser & LED light, EAN 4260000300012.
11. Toy: rag doll (labeled "RL").Type/number of model: EAN 4038967171309; additional number on the label: 117130.
12. Washing gel: washing gel “Balea” for normal and mixed skin types with lotus blossom and pro-vitamin B5. Type/number of model: MHD:10.2008, batch code: 48132.
13. Cosmetic: skin lightener “Stillman’s Skin Bleach Cream”.
14. Cap: workman's cap (marine blue colour). Type/number of model: Article No: 9618485340019, label: 321224 9.36.
15. Toy: plastic toy in the shape of a fish “MORBIDELLI”.
16. Motor vehicle: passenger car “Toyota Yaris, Yaris Verso, Prius”. Description: affected range produced between 31 January 2001 and 29 October 2001 (Yaris), 8 October 2001 (Yaris Verso) or 8 November 2001 (Prius).
17. Electrical item: decorative yellow coloured lighting star-shaped tube, sold unpacked and without any indications on it. Type/model: Lichterkette für Innen.
18. Electrical item: economic lighting “Lava lamp”. Type/model: Economic Art: 990526.
19. Electrical item: circular saw “Mans friend”. Type/model: MF/CS185D-824.
20. Electrical item: angle grinder “Man’s friend”. Type/model: MF 125-104.
21. Electrical item: angle grinder “Power GT”. Type/model: PG-AG0109 (Z1M-115).
22. Electrical item: angle grinder “Winner“. Type/f model: WN115AG.
23. Electrical item: luminaires with built-in clock (3 products). Name:
- Reading Lamp. Type/number of model: 8132S.
- Clock & Lamp. Type/number of model: 1028A (colour version: 1028B).
- Lamp & Clock. Type/number of model: No.FS0031D (colour versions: NO.FS0031A; NO.FS0031B; NO.FS0031C).
24. Motor vehicle: passenger car “Alfa Romeo”. Type/model: Alfa Romeo GT and 147 cars equipped with VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control System), without engine 3.2 Petrol. The chassis numbers:
- for Alfa Romeo GT, from 3144007 to 3321295 and from 5081439 to 5210113 (produced from November 2003 to December 2005).
- for Alfa Romeo 147, from 3228724 to 3328468 and from 5144149 to 5216111 (produced from June 2004 to January 2006).
25. Shooter holder: shooter holder “Happy Angel”. Type/model: Barcode: 47165666700062.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.