Rapex Weekly Report: Week 30, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 18 items: 1 set of paints, 1 pair of shoes, 1 decoration item, 2 motor vehicles, 1 cofee maker, 6 electrical items, 1 children chair, 1 candle, 1 bath thermometer, 2 nappy changing units and 1 toy.
1. Paints: watercolour paints without a brush - Pritt Kids Art Paint-Ball.
2. Shoes: children’s water shoes “H & M”. Type/number of model: Models: 364430 + 31 + 32 – 6569. Sizes 22-33.
3. Decoration item: angular amber-coloured glass nuggets “Kristallgranulat DEKO”.
4. Motor vehicle: motorcycle “KAWASAKI” (650 cc). Type/number of model: Model: ER-6N.
5. Coffe maker: espresso makers “OROLEY”. Type/number of model: ERGO, 4-, 6- and 10-cup.
6. Motor vehicle: passenger car “MERCEDES BENZ”. Type/number of model: SLR MACLAREN.
7. Electrical item: electrical “Tiffany” Turtle Lamp. Type/number of model: Unknown.
8. Electrical item: electric insect killer. Type/number of model: EAN Code 8711295 422300.
9. Children chair: child’s chair “PALLAVI” with plastic back and seat and metal frame.
Type/number of model: Model 97454.
10. Electrical item: electrical stained Glass Butterfly Table Lamp (240V 50Hz 25W). Type/number of model: WT-XMNOPRS/ABCD.
11. Electrical item: floor standing electrical lamp “Hangzhou Delta Art Light Co Ltd. - Fiorentina Lamp”.
12. Candle: decorative jelly candle “KARMA CANDLE”. Type/number of model: Rose Jelly Candle.
13. Bath thermometer: tortoise-shaped bath thermometer “Saro” Type/number of model: 55A4405.
14. Nappy changing unit: tubular metal nappy changing unit on plastic casters with changing table and removable bath “Cam il mondo del bambino s.p.a”. Type/number of model: nappy changing unit, model “Jackie”, Art. No C 603 002.
15. Nappy changing unit: changing unit “Cam il mondo del bambino s.p.a.”. Type/number of model: Art. C 204.
16. Toy: gun set with projectiles “High good new to - Super Gun Set with projectiles”. Type/number of model: NO. 3339-A (no bar code).
17. Electrical item: hand mixer “SAYONA”. Type/number of model: MX-503.
18. Electrical item: electrical switch “DONGLIN” with two keys and light indicator. Type/number of model: art. DL412L; bar code: 2000004320416.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.