Weekly Rapex Report: Week 28, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 19 items: 1 shooter holder, 5 toys, 1 helmet, 2 cosmetic items, 4 electrical items, 2 motor vehicles, 1 chair, 1 emergency hood, 1 wristwatch-type dive computer and a rubber solution.
1. Soother holder: soother holder “Disney Baby”. Type/number of model: Ref. No. RC-807 WP, Art. No. on the label: 84161.
2. Toy: tricycle for children. Type/number of model: model X63102-02015800x530x445; identification code E03-R16-389.
3. Helmet: helmet for riders of motorcycles and mopeds “UVEX”. Type/number of model: GT 320.
4. Cosmetic: skin lightening beauty cream “G&G” (500 g can).
5. Electrical item: DVD player “SOGOOD”. Type/number of model: Type: PDVD-7048-B3, EAN: 6 417536 065702.
6. Toy: soft toy “SAGOLEK”. Type/number of model: Unknown.
7. Toy: plastic toy “FUNNY” in shape of a tortoise.
8. Cosmetic: skin lightener based on glucocorticoids “BENEKS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD.” Type/number of model: N° de lot E0337, MFG: 12/2004 EXP : 12/2009.
9. Motor vehicle: motorcycle 1400 cc “KAWASAKI”. Type/number of model: Model ZZR 1400 (ZX 1400 A6F/B6F).
10. Electrical item: table lamp “84 lights”, pineapple-shaped.
11. Toy: water yo-yo ball; puffer ball. Brand, type/number of model: Unknown.
12. Electrical item: angle grinder “A Selection” made of red plastic. Type/number of model: A352.
13. Motor vehicle: car “Isuzu”. Description: Model NKR 130.35 manufactured between 1994 and 2006.
14. Toy: baby flute (rattle) JANE. Type/number of model: Model no. A249.
15. Chair: office chair. Type/number of model: Model: SIGMA D1.
16. Emergency hood: emergency escape smoke hood “Brookdale International Systems Inc” (product to enable the user to breathe for 15 minutes in the middle of fire smoke). Type/number of model: EVAC U8 /EVAC+.
17. Wristwatch-type dive computer: wristwatch-type dive computer “SUUNTO”. Model D9: serial numbers 62102582 and below, bar code 6417084112132. Model D6: serial numbers 62103693 and below, bar code 6417084119612.
18. Rubber solution: rubber solution “Work-it”:
- Tyre repair set (rubber solution + 2 plasters). Type/number of model: tyre repair set: Art. No 86008; EAN 8714892860087.
- Bicycle repair set 12 X (rubber solution, tyre levers, spanner, several plasters). Type/number of model: bicycle repair set 12 X: Art. No 86012; EAN 8714892860124.
- Bicycle repair set 18 X (rubber solution, several plasters tyre levers, tool set, pump). Type/number of model: bicycle repair set 18 X: Art. No 86018; EAN 8714892860186.
19. Electrical item: table lamp with a porcelain base with a motif of blue dolphins and with an ultrasonic remote control. Type/number of model: HD-2002-1.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.