Rapex Weekly Report: Week 27, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 24 items: 10 toys, 3 electrical items, 4 motor vehicles, 6 cosmetic items and 1 torch.
1. Toy: latex Carnival mask “Halloween”. Type/number of model: Bar code 8422269692355. The product is invoiced under number 3275 FM (69235).
2. Cot: cot bumper “NOUGATINE”. Type/number of model: YORI.
3. Electrical item: lighting chain “ICICLE” consisting of 100 lamps. Type/number of model: Unknown.
4. Burning gel: AGA Burning Gel. Type/number of model: Unknown.
5. Restricted Window Friction Hinge: Saracen SXL Security Friction Hinge and Egress E3 Restricted Friction Hinge. Type/number of model: Various models.
6. Electrical item: lighting chain consisting of 100 miniature lights - Five way flasher. Brand: Unknown.
7. Motor vehicle: Jet ski “KAWASAKI” (Personal Water Craft). Type/number of model: Models JT1100-C/F/G, JT1200-B/D and JT1500-A. Description: The corrective action concerns model JT1100-C/F/G built in 2000-2003; model JT1200-B/D built in 2003-2006 and model JT1500-A built in 2004-2006.
8. Electrical item: lighting chain (140 twinkle lights). Brand: Unknown.
9. Toy: toy attached to soap “Soapmeet”. Type/number of model: Bar code: 5018583138336.
10. Walker: Brand unknown. Type/number of model: no.191-8, bar code: 6902758012523.
11. Toy: soft toy “MUCCA VIOLA soft toy”. Description: Soft toy cow, measures: 360 x 300 x 150 mm.
12. Motor vehicles: motorcycle “HARLEY-DAVIDSON”. Type/number of model: XL2. Description: 2004 and 2005 model year motorcycles built from June 25, 2003 to June 3, 2005.
13. Electrical item: tent light “Sunnflair” 230V. Type/number of model: MA5070.
14. Bycicle: “TRIWEEL RED”. Type/number of model: Article number 27-259 or 27-260.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.