Rapex Weekly Report
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 15 items: 3 electrical items, 11 toys, 1 piece of furniture, 1 candle, 2 motor vehicles, 2 cosmetic items and 1 lighter.
1. Electrical item: MP3 player provided with adaptor “PROCOMP” - 256 MB (power supply unit of switch-type model No. CD-01). Type/model: LUCKYSTAR A03 (model No: NA700).
2. Electrical item: wall-mounted lamp “LÉNA”. Type/model: AL-249.
3. Toy: plush toy - ladybird “H&Y TOY” with an “I love you” embroidered inscription.
4. Toy: set of three squeezable, squeaky toys in form of Dalmatians dogs. Type/model: No: 8812.
5. Toy: set of three squeezable, squeaky toys in form of Dalmatians dogs. Type/model: No: 8812.
6. Toy: toy guns with projectiles. Brand: 1) Unknown 2) Gold Time 3) KAKA. Name: 1) Shoot Gun; 2) Super Foam Dart; 3) Force Army & Police set. Type/number of model: 1) No. 332 Bar code: 5823331117439 2) No. 27869 Bar code: 695226 027698. 3) No. 6312 Bar Code: 5400311631224.
7. Furniture: glass and metal decorative oil lamp, square in shape in clear plastic box. Brand, type/number of model: Unknown.
8. Toy: squeezable, squeaky toys in form of a giraffe, a bear and a beaver “BABY’S TOY’S”. Type/model: Unknown.
9. Toy: squeezable, squeaky toys in form of a cat, a bear and a baby “SAFETY TOYS’’
Type/number of model: Unknown.
10. Toy: squeezable, squeaky toys in form of two mice, a dog and a duck “SAFETY TOYS’’. Type/number of model: Unknown.
11. Candle: decorative candle with coffee beans “VICKO”. Type/model: Code 462-55301.
12. Electrical item: fluorescent luminaire (picture with background lighting). Type/number of model: Type Item#: 36/1424 Po#: 570994, EAN: 6 987521 21055.
13. Toy: set of five squeezable, squeaky toys in form of a fish, an octopus and a sea star “HAPPY TOYS”. Type/model: No: 99328.
14. Toy: toy in a form of telephone, which emits sounds “MOBILE PHONE”. Type/model: No: 8210A.
15. Motor vehicle: car “Toyota”. Type/model: Avensis, Corolla, Prius. Description: Avensis - manufactured January, 2003 through December, 2005; Corolla - manufactured July, 2001 through March, 2004; Prius - manufactured July, 2003 through November, 2005.
16. Cosmetic: anti-freckle cosmetic cream “DIANA”. Type/model: Unknown.
17. Toy: five battery operated mobile phones of different colours with flashing antennas. The phones make different sounds after pressing the buttons. Brand: 1. JIN HUA; 2. Electronic - GOOD TIME; 3. HAPPY ARIGINS; 4. Novelty Phone; 5. Electronic. Name: Battery operated mobile phones. Type/number of model: 1. CHT119636; 2. CHT119643; 3. NO.05-005; 4. No.6510; 5. CHT 1196A23.
18. Motor vehicle: Mini Chopper/Cruiser 2 wheeled bike. Brand: Unknown.
19. Toy: stepping Sound Mat. Brand: Unknown. Type/model: Bar code: TB 028.
20. Lighter: child-appealing lighters. Type/model: Various lighters in form of cars and space airbus.
21. Cosmetic: various Henna hair colours “Lush”. Type/model: 1.Caca noir; 2. Caca marron; 3. Caca brun.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.
Website for the link