Rapex Weekly Report
DG Health and Consumers
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 15 items: 1 thermos flask, 7 motor vehicles, 4 toys, 1 aerosol, 1 stone cutting disc, 1 tool, 1 electrical item, 1 sport gun, 1 piece of jewellery, 30 lighters and 1 cosmetic item.
1. Thermos flask: thermos flask 1,9l. Type/number of model: 260 365.
2. Motor vehicle: passenger car “Volvo”. Type/number of model: S40/V50 cars sedan/station wagon like.
3. Motor vehicle: Toyota Land Cruiser 90 car. Type/number of model: KZJ90 (11GJ90#0001015 - 0043998), KZJ95 (11GJ95#0001023 - 0117591), VZJ90 (11VJ90#0001013 - 0004316), VZJ95 (11VJ95#0001022 - 0053723), KZJ90 (11GJ90#0028467 - 0034895) and KZJ95 (11GJ95#0103289 - 0117567).
4. Motor vehicle: mini-motorbike “Nemesis Nitro/Dirt Racer 2 wheeled bike”. Type/number of model: SS50-4.
5. Toy: air sport gun “Plastic gun”. Type/number of model: P 688.
6. Aerosol: aerosols (pressurised gas containers) ‘Riethmüller’ gas horn. Type/number of model: 550456.
7. Stone cutting disc: “Work-it”. Type/number of model: 73515; EAN 7144892735053.
8. Motor vehicle: passenger car “Nissan Navara”. Type/number of model: Navara models manufactured by Nissan Motor Iberica S.A., Spain; vehicle type D40.
9. Tool: claw hammer, roofing hammer. Type/number of model: EAN 8711295099397.
10. Toy: locomotive “Niagara”. Type/number of model: EAN CODE 8006708098129.
11. Electrical item: desk lamp, luminaries with built-in transformer. Type/number of model: KT 103 383 101 701 43 94.
12. Sport gun: Type/number of model: Bar code: 5998087518813.
13. Jewellery: nickel Earrings “Generic”.
Motorbike - Xin Xin Motorbike Flame No.04457 Royce
Bicycle - Fashioncycle lighter donjo TM smoking set, labelled with No.133813 on the cover
Submachine gun - Pistollighter Nobilis Royce No. 04671
Forklift - Smoking set high grate ligh, labelled VZV 13883 on the cover
Rooster - Lighter exquisite article
Pistol No.1808 or 1708
Cannon - Artware Royce No.04503 Asio elephantá, on the product marking Napoleon XVIII-XIX
Luli Shisi Gupao
Machine gun - Maxim Gun (1884-1912) Royce No.04643
Formula One car Lighter Fasion, labelled No.133775 on the cover
Pistol - New Lighter Royce No.04392
Pistol - High-Grade Lighter Royce No.04396
Car - Lincoln Lengthens the car, labelled No.133910 on the cover
Turtle - Dorado Lighter Royce
Shark - Dorado Lighter EK - F00010010
Set consisting of cow and Azad Bidi cigars free of charge, labelled No.06695 on the cover
Circular saw - Lighter Royce No.04669
Car - Rui Hao Racing Dump and go action No. 4088
Car - Donjotm
Car - Royce No. 04462 Tanker
Pistol - Pietro Baretta, on the cover: Royce No.04544
Car, on the cover. Wecker Lighter Royce No.04463
Limousine - on the cover: Lincoln lengthens the car No. 133910
Motorbike 6N2587, on the cover: Motorraad Fruerzeug Royce No.04456
15. Motor vehicle: sealine branded motor yacht “Sealine International Limited”. Models: C39, F33, F34, F37, F42-5, F43, F44, S29, S34, S37, S38, S41, S42, S43, S48, T46, T47, T51, T52, T60.
16. Lighters: Shock lighters of various shapes, causing electric discharge when the button on the top is pressed. Shapes: lighter with relief figures, refreshment’s can, lighter with double cylindrical body, cell phone Nokia 3310 and oval lighter with a picture of an eagle.
17. Toy: soft toy with squeezing device “Happy Toys”. Type/number of model: 99328.
18. Motor vehicle: passenger cars Honda “Accord and Civic”. Type/number of model: Accord 4d, CC7, CE7, CE8, CE9 and Civic 5d, MA8, MA9, MB1 produced in the period between October 1995 and May 1996.
19. Toy: blithe duck toy operated with battery “Sunny”. Type/number of model: Item no. 2105.
20. Cosmetic: nail varnish “Orly” (Bonder Rubberized Basecoat). Type/number of model: bar code 10120025; batch code No 023164.
21. Motor vehicle: passenger car Renault. Type/number of model: BMOB and JMOB. Megane 11 and Scenic 11, right hand drive vehicles only, manufactured within the following dates: Megane 11 November 2002 to 12.02.04 and Scenic 11 September 2003 to 21.01.04.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.
Website for the link