Rapex Weekly Report - Week 20, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 15 items: 1 child’s car seat, 6 motor vehicles, 1 cosmetic item, 1 rubber solution, 1 pacifier, 1 electrical item, 2 toys and 2 pieces of furniture.
1. Child’s car seat: “Renolux - Rehausser Optimal Orcade child’s car seat”. Type/number of model: bar code 12100001892552.
2. Motor vehicle: racing mini-motorbikes RR TCC. Type/number of model: Granate 109.
3. Cosmetics: Lightening Body Lotion “Niuma”. Type/number of model: Manufacturing code 50649; EAN-Code: 8410874100287.
4. Motor vehicle: motorcycle “BMW”. Models R1200GS, R1200GS Adventure, R1200RT, R1200ST and HP2. Type/number of model: type R12 (EC type-approval e1*2002/24*0199), type R12T (EC type-approval e1*2002/24*0228), type R1ST (EC type-approval e1*2002/24*0230) and type RHP2 (EC type-approval e1*2002/24*0254).
5. Motor vehicle: mini-motorbikes “Dirt Bike”. Type/number of model: Minimotard 116.
6. Rubber solution: repair kit “Work-it”. Name: Pax Rubber Cement (Rubber solution in a tube in a bicycle repair kit). Type/number of model: 86020, EAN 8714892860209.
7. Pacifier: dummy on a chain with a fastener in the form of a fish “D’Azucar Creaciones”. Type/model: 05049, reference number 240764.
8. Electrical item: kitchen robot “Jocca“. Type/number of model: Ref.: 5414.
9. Motor vehicle: car “Opel Vectra and Signum”. Type/number of model: Vectra (Z-C, Z-C/SW), Signum (Z-C/S), EC-type approval e1*98/14*0187*09 ff and e1*2001/116*0214*05 and e1*2001/116*0238*02ff and e1*2001/116*090*00 ff and e1*2001/116*0291*00 ff and e1*2001/116*0292*00 ff. Description: Cars from the model years 2004-2006 are affected.
10. Motor vehicle: motorcycle “
11. Furniture: “Otto” - wall unit with 5 built-in luminaries. Type/number of model: Art.-Nos.: 549189 and 650464.
12. Furniture: glass chest of drawers / highboard / sideboard “Otto”. Type/number of model: glass chest of drawers Art.-Nos.: 655167 and 549168; highboard Art.-Nos 549209 and 655187; sideboard Art.-Nos 655109 and 655098.
13. Toy: baby set “DA - Daatje" - baby set, consisting of a bib, a bottle, 2 bottle brushes, a pacifier and a rattle. Type/number of model: Daatje set, nr. 4706100.
14. Toy: hewable bath toy “JANE”. Type/number of model: model: 40513; bar code: 8420421405130.
15. Motor vehicle: car “Volvo”. Type/number of model: XC90. Description: The recall concerns vehicles produced in 2003-2006, with chassis numbers ending from 0000001 to 0233242.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.
Website for the link