Rapex Weekly Report - Week 17, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 30 items: 13 electrical items, 9 toys, 5 motor vehicles, 1 play pen and 2 pacifiers.
1. Electrical: fan “Watton”. Type/model: FS-1602A, 3830037263249.
2. Toy: gun “Combat Gun” with projectiles (rifle with five projectiles with suction cups and target included). Type/model: 2871.
3. Motor vehicle: Mercedes-Benz. Type/model: sales designation R350; type 251 (R350), EU type approval e1*2001/116*0341.
4. Motor vehicle: Mercedes-Benz. Type/model: sales designation R350, R500 and R320 CDI; type 251, EU type approval e1*2001/116*0341.
5. Playpen: “Happy Hort”. Type/model: 009920801 03045.
6. Toys: five toys with arrows with suction cups:
1. Super Game Bowman. Type/model: nº 2800, ref. 660912.
2. Soft Bullet Arrow. Type/model: nº YF238-B.
3. Maxi Archerie. Type/model: nº 21008.
3. Maxi Archerie. Type/model: nº 21008.
4. Unknown. Type/model: nº 3633.
5. Bow and Arrow. Type/model: nº 2829, ref. 181786.
7. Electrical: computer hard disk drive “Ultron” (mains unit of an external HDD drive). Type/model: UHD 3500, EAN 4040895184153.
8. Electrical: portable electrical light with halogen lamp. Type/model: SX064.
9. Electrical: waffle maker “Nushi”. Type/model: NS-3990.
1. Boots Designer Soothers. Type/model: code 41-09-643
2. Boots Clear Soothers. Type/model: code 23-68-102.
11. Electrical: sandwich toaster “TZS First Austria “Caty”. Type/model: FA-5335 (SG-6602).
12. Motor vehicle: semi-rigid boats (RIBs) “Valiant”. Type/ model: the affected fuel tanks were used in boats made in 2004 and 2005.
13. Electrical: dry iron with spray “Elco”. Type/model: EL-194G.
14. Electrical: steam iron “Pacific”. Type/model: PI-002; EAN 5060061910538; batch: 8558/3947.
15. Electrical: steam iron “Eurotec”. Type/model: EU-5556.
16. Electrical: 4-slice toaster “Tzs First Austria”. Type/model: FA-5367-CH (BH-003b).
17. Electrical: 2-slice toaster “Sanusy”. Type/model: SN-2507.
18. Electrical: 4-slice toaster “Stahlmann”. Type/model: ST-304.
19. Toy: flashing whistle in shape of a dummy. Type/model: Unknown.
20. Motor vehicle: car sunroof “Honda Accord 4d” and “Civic 5d”. Type/model: 70200-SN7-ZS00 (for Accord) and 70200-ST3-ST3 (for Civic).
21. Toy: flashing nursing bottle. Type/model: Unknown.
22. Toy: flashing multi-glow mouth and teeth. Type/model: Unknown.
23. Electrical: clamp-type reflector lamp for terrarium “TerraPlus & Euro Zoo”. Type/model: TerraPlus Comfort Clamp Lamp 250 W; EAN 4037797009059.
24. Motor vehicle: “GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Company/Korea”. Type/model: sales designation Matiz or M100/M200 or Zitto or d’Arts or Spark; vehicle type Klya, EU type approval e4*2001/116*0028.
25. Electrical: desk lamp “Tiffany”. Type/model: QW-TL00138-7.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.