Rapex Weekly Report - Week 16, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 18 items: 5 electrical items, 3 motor vehicles, 1 piece of furniture, 2 toys, 3 tools, 1 piece of clothing, 1 vehicle accessorize and 2 types of lighters.
1. Electrical: aquarium-set (cover with lighting). Type/model: Sera / Design 80, Art.-No 8730624.
2. Motor vehicle: 4x4 vehicle “LAND ROVER”. Type/model: DISCOVERY 3 and RANGE ROVER SPORT.
3. Motor vehicle: Motorcycle “Harley-Davidson” manufactured by Harley-Davidson Motor Company/USA. Type/model: Dyna models FXDI, FXDLI, FXDBI, FXDCI, FXDI35 and FXDWGI; Vehicle type FD1; EC type-approval e4*2002/24*0029*05.
4. Furniture: Office chair “Cadeira a GÁZ c/ Braços AZ#E3072”. Type/model: 2859484.
5. Motor vehicle: Mini Moto “Nemesis - version 2”. Type/model: SS50 - 2A.
6. Toy: Rattle for child’s pram 3Baby Exerciser. Model 400 (on the packing).
7. Toy: Squeaky crocodile. Type/model: Unknown.
8. Tool: Hatchet “Work-it”, 600 g. Type/model: Work-it, Art. Nr. 93060, EAN 8714892930605.
9. Clothing: Men’s shirt “Hao Yun”. Type/model: Unknown.
10. Tool: Hammer “EURO TOOLS”. Name: Schlosserhammer 300 g. Type/model: art. no 1035, EAN 9008022001037.
11. Tool: Hammer “Work it”, Engineer’s hammer, 300 g. Type/model: Art.-No.: 10301, EAN 8714892103016.
12. Vehicle accessories: Roof bars (roof luggage racks) - “GreenValley. Type/model: Ref. 001514.
13. Electrical: Stainless steel espresso coffee maker for 4 and 6 cups “Solingmeyer”. Type/model: MX-473 and MX-673.
14. Electrical: 2 slice toaster “EUROLUX”. Type/model: EL-1601.
15. Electrical: Table lamp illustrating a woman playing an instrument. Type/model: CQ 8276.
1. Spiderman mask with lighting effects
3. Santa Claus boot with lighting effects and melody
4. Silver sport car with lighting effects
5. Cell phone in golden colour
6. Brown dog with a knife in its back
7. Machine gun with lighting effects and melody
8. Motorbike with a rider - with lighting effects
9. Old weapon
10. Old weapon
12. Red cabriolet with white fenders.
1. Porsche car
3. Dolphin that can be used as a pen (colours: dark brown, light brown, and silver)
4. Mobile phone with lighting effects (colours: read, blue, black, and yellow)
5. Silver gun that can be used as a pendant.
18. Electrical: Power supply unit for LCD/TFT television “WeiFeng”. Type/model: HK 120200.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.