Rapex Weekly Report: Week 13, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 8 items: 3 cleaning tools, 2 toys, 2 electrical items and 1 chain for pacifiers. The items listed are:
1. Cleaning tools: Spray for sealing glass and ceramic surfaces “MAGIC NANO”. Type/model: Antibacterial Bath & WC.
2. Cleaning tools: Spray for sealing glass and ceramic surfaces “MAGIC NANO”. Type/model: Glass and ceramics.
3. Cleaning tools: Spray for sealing glass and ceramic surfaces “Finy”. Type/model: Glass and ceramic sealant No 1.
4. Toy: Imitation candy dummies/pacifiers “JTS (International) Ltd, Casa Del Dolce”.
5. Electric: Lamp EUROTEC "Disco Lamp". Type/model: EN-5721.
6. Toy: Personal stereo cassette player “Color-Toy”. Type/model: 7056251651945.
7. Chain for pacifiers: “CAMERA”, Dummy clips. Type/model: model 50201.
8. Electric: ELECTRICAL blender “EURO”. Type/model: SH-201.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.