Rapex Weekly Report: Week 12, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 25 items: 4 toys, 5 motor vehicles, 1 firework, 8 electrical items, 2 pieces of clothing, 1 flask, 1 boat, 1 mobile phone, 1 jewellery and 1 cot. The items listed are:
1. Fireworks: Fireworks “WECO - Spider, Viper, Sydney, Rio, Apollo, Cobra”.
2. Toy: Yo-Yo: Puffer ball with flashing light, sold in box of 12.
3. Electrical: Hair dryer from China.
4. Electrical: Sandwich toaster Breville – “Daisy”, in shape of a cow.
5. Motor vehicle: Toyota RAV4 (ABE No G703, EG-BE: e4*93/81*0001*..) .
6. Electrical: Adjustable halogen desk lamp “KONNOC”, metallic, available in various colours (black, red, blue and white) SX388.
7. Boat: Sealine branded motor yacht “Sealine International”, model F34, F37, F43.
8. Motor vehicle: “Opel Vectra C”, Model: MY06, CN:8703.
9. Electric: Circuit tester “Optimal” model: Current tester in two parts, 6-24 volts, Art. 11006, EAN 4041073110063.
10. Clothing: Gloves, knitted red, code: 60311001791000000100. .
11. Motor vehicle: Renault Scenic produced between 1.2.2003 and 12.12.2005.
12. Electric: Coffee maker “Technika” model TK-7900.
13. Electric: Steam iron “Newtec” Type/model: NT-8010
14. Electric: Steam iron “Newtec” Type/model, model TK-1368A.
15. Toy: Dog-shaped toy Type/ model: 020635.
16. Toy: Toy pistol with arrows, Type/model: MK 1241325
17. Toy: Toy rooster imitating a telephone, “BEAUTEOUS CHANTICLEER”, Type/model: Code No 517
18. Motor vehicle: Seat, Type/model: ALTEA, TOLEDO, LEON, with 2.0l Tdi engine and 6-speed manual gearbox – 02Q
19. Flask: Vacuum jug/flask “Itaso” Type/model: NPA-100 B, EAN 4038611048650.
20. Motor vehicle: SAAB 9-3; Type/model: YS3FXXXX
21. Clothing: leather gloves, Code: 40726008961000000499
22. Mobile phone: “O2 X1”
23. Jewellery: “Reebok” heart-shaped charm bracelet, Type/model: CN Code 7117 1999 90
24. Cot: “Ikea”, A) SNIGLAR cot size 55 x 112 cm, article number 700 441 71;B) TASSA cot size 55 x 112 cm, article number 800 834 21.
25. Electrical: radiator “STC / EMEKSAN”
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.