Rapex Weekly Overview: Week 10, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 3 electrical goods, 3 laser/lighters, 1 aerosol, 2 cots, 1 lawnmower, 2 toys, 1 piece of clothing and 3 motor vehicles. The items listed are:
1. Electrical: Plug adaptor ‘Wonpro’, Type/model: WTA9
2. Motor vehicle: All-terrain KAWASAKI, Type/model: KVF750A/B, from June 04-May 05.
3. Laser/lighter: Laser pointer/lighter, Type/model: P57
4. Laser/lighter: Laser pointer/lighter, Type/model: P37
5. Electric: Kettle ‘Support Plus’, Type/model: SP-WK-7006-110
6. Toy: Miniature teddy bear ‘Birthstone Bear’, Type/model: 044/941, EAN Code: 5 022 896 44 9416
7. Aerosols: ‘Marco S.p.a’ ‘Gas horn’, Type/model: Sport Sound, EAN 8022278602214
8. Toy: Racing car with 3 balloons ‘RIETHMULLER’ Type/model: 450034
9. Motor vehicle: ‘Nissan’, Type/model: X-Trail (T30) (Cars affected were manufactured between April 2002 and 24th November 2005)
10. Cot: Children’s cot ‘RADEK I’ (baby crib).
11. Cots: Baby cribs ‘JUSTYNA, KUBA’
12. Lighters: Various models that look like mobile phones/toys and are appealing to children.
13. Clothing: Open-mesh scarf made from synthetic fibres ‘VS-PLUS’. Customs code: 828153
14. Lawnmower: Hammer Rotary lawnmower ‘GGP Italy SPA’ Type/model: MOUNTFIELD XA 55 MBSE
15. Electric: Lighting chain with flashing unit. Type/model: 120L
16. Motor vehicle: ‘Saab’ – brake servo vacuum pipe. Type/model: 9-3 4doors or cabrio. The recall concerns vehicles produced from 2003 to 2005.Serial Numbers:Α) 9-3 4doors from 31000001 to 51043213 Β) 9-3 cabrio from 46000001 to 56011527.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.