Rapex Weekly Overview: Week 9, 2006
DG Health and Consumers
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 13 electrical goods, 1 laser product, 3 motor vehicle and motor vehicle parts, 1 gas lighter, 1 childcare item, 3 household tools, 2 toys and 1 stationery item. The items listed are:
1. Electrical: Power supply unit for portable DVD player, model: FJ-SW2545XY
2. Laser: Laser pointer “HI-OUTPUT KEY CHAINA LASER 5 in 1”
3. Motor Vehicle: Scooter ‘Suzuki’ Type/model: AY50AK5/AK6
4. Electric: Plug adapter “Biltema” Type/model: 44-421/ABE-2
5. Electric: Percussion drill “ES TOOLS” Type/model: 500 W ES tools Z1j-13
6. Electric: Electric lamp in shape of mushroom Type/model: barcode 3 427000 650 597
7. Gas lighter: Plastic gas lighter “DORA” in figure of kneeling woman
8. Electric: Refrigerator/Heating cabinet “Euro cooler and warmer” Type/model: CC-24B
9. Electric: Standing fan “Meierle” Type/model: Model VS40-2S 16°
10. Electric: IP44 multiple socket Type/model: Article No 345032, EAN 4016667001652
11. Household tool: Hammer (Crosspane) 100g Type/model: EAN 8711295092312
12. Electric: Picture light with fluorescent tube with the motive of “Madonna and child” and “Shepherd with flock”
13. Childcare item: Baby sleeping bag “Club of Me”, 100% cotton.
14. Household tool: Hammer with metal handle (aluminium tube) and black plastic grip “Crosspane hammer 270g” Type/model: 270 g, CK9/777700, EAN 8711295286353
15. Household tool: Glue for repair kit sold with inflatable products (toys, mattresses, armchairs, accessories, armbands) “La Boutique DESJOYAUX”
16. Electric: Decorative multi-coloured lamp holder - Multi-coloured egg-shaped portable luminaire with a metal base and a lead that passes through the glass
17. Electric: Portable lamp: “NEON BLOB LAMP”
18. Electric: Lighting chain “UNISTAR” with 140 non-replaceable incandescent lamps and an 8-function flashing unit. Type/model: 8103T140S 140L
19. Electric: Magic Wand “Firstline” Type/model: FSM 453
20. Toy: Dressed teddy bear “STARTOY” Type/model: 91713
21. Toy: Baby line wooden toy “JUMBO”
22. Motor vehicle part: Fuel tank for Suzuki motorcycles with production dates from 1998 to 2005 Type/model: VL1500W
23. Stationery: Pencils with eraser Type/model: Code: 8711295530890
24. Motor vehicle part: Fuel tank cap for Yamaha motorcycles YP250R(XMAX) with serial numbers from SG161-00002336 to SG161-00006529
25. Electric: Adjustable economic desk light TOPLIGHT, type/model YUPPY
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying Member State, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.