Rapex Weekly Report - Week 6, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to make information relating to risks to consumer health and safety posed by products available to the public. This is why the Commission publishes a weekly overview of notifications of dangerous products.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 1 item of building equipment, 8 electric items, 1 oil item, 1 gun, 1 lighter, 4 toys, and 1 motor vehicle. The items listed are:
1. Building Equipment: Multi purpose ladder ‘HVS’
2. Electric: Appliance for drying laundry ‘INNOVAXE’
3. Electric: Portable heater ‘VIDAL’
4. Electric: Waffle iron ‘BIFNETT’
5. Electric: Hanging lamp ‘Art no. 12123’
6. Electric: Hanging lamp ‘Art no. 13732’
7. Electric: ‘Crystal 6 hole Outlet’
8. Electric: Lighting chain ‘Christmas Lights’
9. Electric: Pizza pan ‘CACEROLA’
10. Oil: Lamp oil ‘LAMP OIL FLAME’
11. Gun: ‘POWER SPROT GUN’
12. Lighter: ‘NOVELTY LIGHTERS’
13. Toy: Mouth-activated toys ‘METAL WHISTLE’
14. Toy: Mouth- activated toys ‘METAL AJOUIE’
15. Toy: Wooden toys ‘ESCOR’
16. Toy: Teethers ‘THE FIRST YEARS’
17. Motor Vehicle: ‘SUZUKI GRAND VITAT 1.6l and 2.0l’
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.