Public Health (07-03-2016)
European Reference Networks: Two important dates to note!
The date of the launch of the call for interest for ERNs has been confirmed as 16 March 2016 and an “info day” regarding this call will be organised on 7 April 2016.
The call for ERNs will be in two waves:
- ERN applicants wishing both to apply to become an ERN, and to apply for funding, should submit their application during the first period of the call (from 16 March 2016);
- ERN applicants wishing to apply only to become an ERN, but not for funding, should submit their application during the second period of the call (opening in June 2016).
Preliminary information on the call can already be found on the dedicated webpage. A follow-up message will be sent on 16 March once the application form is online.
“Info day” on 7 April - Save the date!
An info day on the call for ERN and grant application will be organised in Brussels on 7 April. The event will be web streamed. Registration for the meeting is now open.
Other recent developments:
- 29 February: The Health Programme’s Annual Work for 2016 was adopted. It includes a package of actions supporting the establishment of European Reference Networks, including a budget for grants, a conference and technical assistance for the assessment of applications.
- 7 March: The Board of Member States met in Brussels to discuss the upcoming call for ERNs and strategic issues related with the approval and establishment of the Networks, e.g. IT solutions, procedures, relations with industry, role of affiliated partners.
- Reminder: The Assessment Manual and Technical Toolbox for Applicants to the Call for ERNs are currently available on the dedicated web page. Potential candidates wishing to conduct a preliminary self-assessment in preparation of the forthcoming call for ERNs, are invited to use this useful tool.
- For more information on cross-border healthcare and ERNs: