Public Health (30-10-2014)
HTA Network adopts its Strategy for EU cooperation on Health Technology Assessments
"The Commission has been funding cooperation on HTA since many years and today, with the adoption of the HTA Network Strategy we are moving forward focusing on the implementation part." - Andrzej Rys, Director, DG Health and Consumers.
National authorities responsible for Health Technology Assessments (HTA) adopted a Strategy setting out the framework for European cooperation on HTA.
This Strategy calls for:
- A broad scope of cooperation, covering Pharmaceutical products, medical devices, and other technologies and where HTA is applied from early development to well established use;
- Synergies and complementarity of European activities with e national activities, so that work done jointly by several HTA agencies can be reused in national HTA Reports;
- Strengthening the synergies between HTA and regulatory requirements for pharmaceutical products and medical devices;
- Addressing European cooperation on HTA in the global context;
- Exploring, Identifying and possibly testing sustainable models to maintain cooperation at scientific and technical level, as well as relying on a possible 3rd Joint Action on HTA.
The overall aim of supporting cooperation is:
- Avoiding duplication of work
- Increase quality of HTA production
- Promote capacity building
- Facilitate Information exchange
- Increase use of common or agreed methodologies
Conference 'HTA 2.0 Europe', 30-31 October 2014
Over two days on 30-31 October, the Joint Action EUnetHTA in cooperation with the European Commission and the Italian Ministry of Health will bring together high level European and International authorities and stakeholders to "Team Up For Value" at the HTA2.0 conference in Rome, to present the HTA Network strategy and explore the synergies which can be brought to focus.
• For more information on the HTA Network Strategy
• More information on the Conference 'HTA 2.0 Europe - Teaming Up for Value'
• For Twitter users: the Hashtag for the day is #HTA2014Rome
Follow us on Twitter: @EU_Health