Rapex Weekly Report - Week 2, 2006
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to publish a weekly report on serious RAPEX notifications to allow the general public access to product safety information.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 2 sport equipment, 14 toys, 2 electric items, 2 car parts, 2 pieces of construction equipment. The items listed are:
1. Sports equipment: Kitesurf control bar ‘AIRUSH’
2. Sports equipment: Quick release snap hook for kitesurfing “KONG”
3. Toy: Toy pistol Model P-999 and ammunition (6-mm diameter bullets),
4. Toy: Toy “T€Di Toy Santa
5. Toy: Soft toy – dog model 30198 for Tiimari retail stores
6. Toy: Soft toy – dog ’Mini plüschtiere’
7. Toy: Soft plastic dragon toy “ Soft play, Bullyland Dragon
8. Toy: Electric police car (toy) “Biltema Electric police car”
9. Toy: Pull along toy ‘Pull Along Animals – Caterpillar.’
10. Toy: Plastic horn - Type/model: Conf. legge nr 4618-2-83
11. Toy: Fiber Optic Wig - Type/model: no: 39245 batch: 8118/04
12. Toy: Soft toy telephone “Patrick, K’s kids
13. Toy: Toy telephone ‘ALIKI - My handy celluphone.’
14. Toy: Toy gun set ‘Super Hero Air Pistol Shooting Game’ suction cup projectiles.
15. Toy: Wooden toy cat (pull-along toy).
16. Toy: Wacky Whistle
17. Electric item: AC-DC electrical adapter ‘CELLY’
18. Electric item: Electric ring lighting “Lani 4 light Plate with 8 White LEDs”
19. Car parts: Tyres ‘Michelin Pilot Sport’
20. Car parts: Tyre inflator Luftronic – ‘Digital Tire Gauge’
21. Construction equipment: Hammer ‘ORIENT TOOLS’.
22. Construction equipment: Drills ‘5 PCS MASONRY DRILL SET’.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.