Rapex Weekly Report
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to publish a weekly report on serious RAPEX notifications to allow the general public access to product safety information.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 1 lighter, 4 items of child care equipments, 2 Toys, 6 candles, 3 electric items, 1 decoration, 1 cosmetic, 2 items of clothing. The items listed are:
1. Lighter: Novelty lighter in form of a gun
2. Childcare: Soother with whistle necklace, Model 13-538A
3. Childcare: Soother holder, ‘Nattou’
4. Childcare: Textile baby sling 215 x 65cm
5. Childcare: Textile baby sling 380 x 70cm
6. Toy: Soft toy – dog, ‘Bogi’
7. Toy: Spinning toy ‘Frisbee Spinner’
8. Candle: Decorative square oil Lamp Candle, ‘Best Kept Secrets’
9. Candle: Decorative round oil lamp, ‘Best Secrets’
10. Candle: Decorative bell oil Lamp Candle, ‘Best Kept Secrets’
11. Candle: Decorative rebecca oil Lamp Candle, ‘Best Kept Secrets’
12. Candle: Candles in the shape of a fir tree
13. Candle: Christmas candle EAN 432647060942
14. Electric: Electric cord extension, PF-C1
15. Electric: Electric cord extension, PF-C5
16. Electric: Electric cord extension, PF-C6
17. Decoration: Imitation Products ‘Framboises et mûres fatices – Artfleur’
18. Cosmetic : Eyeliner ‘Chicogo’ Professional Liquid
19. Clothing : Lingerie ‘Elisa- Damen Tango Slip’
20. Clothing : Silk Indian scarf
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.