Rapex Weekly Report: Weeks 52-53, 2005
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to publish a weekly report on serious RAPEX notifications to allow the general public access to product safety information.
On the basis of complementary information received by the Commission, the notification published under no.5 in the week report n° 35 – 2005 concerning gel pens “Mini-gel” (set of 12 different colours) has been withdrawn.
Last week and this weeks RAPEX reports consist of 1 candle holder, 15 Electric items, 1 cosmetic product, 1 piece of personal protection equipment, 4 motor vehicles, 1 construction product, 1 childcare item, 6 sports equipments, and 1 toy. The items listed are:
1. Candle holder: In the form of Father Christmas ‘Carrefour’
2. Electric item: String of lights in the shape of a Christmas tree ‘Licthterbaum’
3. Electric item: Turtle shape desk lamp ‘Artistar’
4. Electric item: Cord extension set ‘El Gotech’
5. Electric item: Television receiver, ‘Weifeng’
6. Electric item: Incandescent table lamp EAN 4029069051101
7. Electric item: Fluorescent luminaire ‘Waterfall picture’
8. Electric item: Table standing luminaire ‘Self import agencies’
9. Electric item: Hand Held mixer ‘Philips- Küchenmixer’
10. Electric item: Wall ceiling mounted luminaire ‘Top light’
11. Electric item: Portable desk lamp ‘Filip’ model L-MENUETT
12. Electric item: Portable desk lamp ‘Filip’ model L- VALS
13. Electric item: Lighter chain ‘Everstar’ G-240, G-60/2F and G-100/4F
14. Electric item: Cordless kettle ‘Best’
15. Cosmetic product: Henna hair dye ‘Gold Chestnut Henna Kestane’
16. Personal Protection Equipment: Gardening gloves barcode 64875002411
17. Motor vehicle: Car ‘Daihatsu- Hijet’
18. Motor vehicle: Car ‘Nissan pathfinder’
19. Motor vehicle: Scooter ‘Kymco’
20. Motor vehicle: Scooter ‘Suzuki’
21. Construction product: ‘Handsaw 18’
22. Childcare item: Childrens harness 766824/766778
23. Sports Equipment: Plastic guns ‘Airsport gun’, ‘Flashlight’, ‘Power Sport gun CH 0881 A2’, ‘Power Sport gun CH 0181A’ and ‘Military Force’
24. Toy: ‘Puffer Ball’
The list above is just an overview of the reported products of last week and this week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and necessary measures.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.