Public Health (25-11-2013)
European Innovation Partnership on Active & Healthy Ageing 2nd Conference of Partners: “Scaling up for Healthy Growth”
Today in Brussels, Commission Vice President Neelie Kroes and Health Commissioner Tonio Borg will open a conference which focuses on the impact on growth and health systems reform of the European Innovation Partnership for Active & Healthy Ageing (EIP for AHA). More than 500 participants comprising national and regional authorities, researchers, health and social care professionals, industry, insurers and NGOs will join the discussion, e.g. on:
- How the EIP for AHA contributes to the EU2020 objectives
- How to best scale up innovation within the care systems in response to the demographic challenge
- How to create opportunities for growth and jobs
- What stakeholders can do to improve governance
- What should be the role of the Commission going forward
- The role of financing, including the use of structural funds
A major input to this debate will be the results achieved by the six Action Groups (covering adherence, falls, frailty, integrated care, independent living and age friendly environments) in the last year and the evidence collected from the Reference Sites.
The conference will result in a clearer direction on the next steps of the EIP for AHA, so that it can contribute to the EU2020 strategy and reach its headline objective of ‘2 more healthy life years by 2020’.
For more information on the Innovation Partnership on Active & Healthy Ageing: