Rapex Weekly Overview: Week 49
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to publish a weekly report on serious RAPEX notifications to allow the general public access to product safety information.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 8 toys, 1 soother, 3 pieces of outdoor sports equipment, 5 electric items, 1 item of stationary. The items listed are:
1. Toy: Stacking and pull-along toy “TIA DE LI”
2. Toy: Music Phone
3. Toy: Deluxe phone
4. Toy: Set of 5 squeezable toys
5. Soother: Soother holder “Mister Baby”
6. Outdoor sports equipment: Kite surf control bar “PETER LYNN”
7. Outdoor sports equipment: “Via ferrata” snap hook “Singing Rock”
8. Outdoor sports equipment: Plastic Air gun light industrial product
9. Electric item: Telescopic halogen lamp “Happycasa”
10. Electric item: Outdoor Luminaire Type:ModelMB 310-1
11. Electric item: Electric extension cord set “ET (Elektrokomplex. Tibensky)
12. Electric item: Electric kettle “RHONSON”
13. Electric item: Electric extension cord set “ET (Elektrokomplex. Tibensky model 40)
14. Stationary: Eraser LYRA
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.