Public Health (03-05-2012)
Be a winner in the EU Health Prize for Journalists 2012!
This morning, at a conference on the results and future perspectives of the EU Health Programmes, European Commissioner for Health and Consumer Policy, John Dalli, launched the fourth consecutive annual health prize for journalists. To have a chance to win the top prizes, journalists are invited to submit articles on:
- One or more of the topics of the Europe for Patients campaign. These are pharmaceuticals, cross-border healthcare, rare diseases, health workforce, patient safety, organ donation and transplantation, cancer, vaccination, prudent use of antibiotics, mental health, and Alzheimer's disease and other dementias;
- Active and healthy ageing , in light of the European Year for active ageing and solidarity between generations 2012;
- Special prize topic: Smoking cessation.
- The prizes to be awarded are: 6.000 € for first place, 2.500 € for second place and 1.500 € for third place. In addition, 3.000 € will be awarded to the winner of this year's special prize.
- Participants to the competition must be nationals or residents of one of the 27 EU member States and aged 18 or over
- A maximum of 2 articles can be submitted per participant and team submissions are accepted as long as the team does not exceed 5 people.
- All articles must be in one of the official languages of the EU and have been originally published in either a print or online media outlet.
- The maximum length of the article should not exceed 20 000 characters (including spaces).
- More rules and conditions, as well as information on how the winners are selected, can be found on the dedicated website
For more information about the EU Health Programme: