RAPEX Weekly Report
DG Health and Consumers
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to publish a weekly report on serious RAPEX notifications to allow the general public access to product safety information.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 59 toys, 1 child seat, 1 cot, 3 electric items, 1 gas item, 1 textile spray, 1 Candle product. The items listed are:
1. Toy: Laser Music Flash Gun
2. Toy: Tumbler “yellow duckling tumbler”
3. Toy A pull-along toy “Yellow duck CIAGADLO”
4. Toy: A pull-along toy “Yellow duck with three duckling on its back”.
5. Toy: 55 various models of toy arrows with suction cups
6. Child Seat: Bicycle child seat Polisport “Wallaroo”
7. Child cot: Bed with tubular construction.
8. Electric Item: Connection-block UYE with four sockets
9. Electric Item: Rechargeable battery Nikon
10. Electric Item: Multiple socket with switch BORAX
11. Gas Item: Gas boiler JUNKERS
12. Textile Spray: Guardian Textile Protection
13. Candle Product: Candle making kit 'L’Art de Créer'.
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.