RAPEX Weekly Report
DG Health and Consumers
RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system for all dangerous consumer products, with the exception of food, pharmaceutical and medical products. It allows for the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission with regard to items posing a potential serious risk to the health and safety of consumers and measures taken by Member States to prevent, restrict or impose specific conditions on the marketing of these products. The revised General Product Safety Directive, which entered into force in January 2004, requires the Commission to publish a weekly report on serious RAPEX notifications to allow the general public access to product safety information.
This week’s RAPEX report consists of 1 ladder, 11 toys, 1 items of stationary 2 electric items, 2 prams, 2 cosmetic items, 1 cigarette lighter, The items listed are:
1. Ladder : ‘Telescoping ladder’
2. Electric item: ‘Trailing socket MBO’
3. Cosmetic: Skin-lightening crème ‘Clear Essence’.
4. Toy:Toy revolver ‘Wicke’
5. Toy: Toy revolver ‘Ideal.
6. Toy: Toy revolver ‘Cap Gun Detective Special’
7. Cigarette lighter: Filled with liquid gas ‘Volcan-Fire’.
8. Toy: Spider-man Motorcycle - Bump’n Go Action
9. Electric: AC adapter for DVD player
10. 1 item of stationary: Eraser ‘Apple Bear’.
11. Child push-chair: ‘Prenatal’.
12. Child push-chair: ‘Chicco’.
13. Cosmetic: Beauty masks ‘Amelan R.’.
14. Toy: ‘Play set Bow Arrows’
15. Toy: ‘Gran Jefe Indio Super Weapon’
16. Toy: ‘Shoot Set Super Arrow Vidal’
17. Toy: ‘Play Set bow arrows’
18. Toy: ‘Bow with three arrows’
19. Toy: ‘Archery set Sharpshooter’
20. Toy: ‘King and Knight Vidal’
The list above is just an overview of the reported products last week.
Click here for the full details, which can be found in the weekly RAPEX report. It includes detailed information on the products and risks, the notifying MemberState, and the measures adopted to deal with the risk.
The Commission does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. In the event that further information received from a contact point regarding an already published notification leads to the modification or withdrawal of the information, the Commission will include a corrigendum or notice of withdrawal in the next weekly overview.